Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a working collection of modifications in a list for each trim of the MQ4 (LX, S, EX, SX, SX Prestige, XLine, GT). This will be a working post for parts for the MQ4 Sorento.

Look out for the - NEW tag in each category for the most recent adds to each. Coupon codes will be highlighted in yellow. Known out of stock will be in red.

If you'd like to discuss the mods/parts, please participate in @noshortcuts thread 2021 Sorento Mods - Share and discuss <link. If you talk about/share new mods there, they'll end up here as well.

If you'd like to contribute a new finding, post it in the 2021 Sorento Mods - Share and discuss thread and I will get it added to the list. If it is a universal part, I'd like to not post it until it's proven by a member, please. This list will include aftermarket and OEM additions (both US & Foreign markets) that we as a community find. I’d also welcome feedback, especially on foreign markets like the GT line and where they fit into my categories. With there being a limitation of 10 images, we won't be able to put an image for every item, but I will try to provide them for certain items or newly added items. For instance, the lip kit, pretty unique, and pictures are helpful. Everyone knows what mud flaps look like.

USA OEM Parts by VIN - Jones Kia

P/Ns for Spare Tire Parts - Spare Tire
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Exterior

Exterior (All trims)

Exterior (LX, Prestige, XLine)
These models have a front and rear bumper with black (non-gloss) plastic trim, rear silver skid plate, XLine has raised roof rails.

Exterior (S, Sport, Sport Plus, EX, SX, GT-Line)
These models have a front and rear bumper with gloss black trim, silver skid plates, and flush roof rails.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Interior

Interior (All)

Interior (Sport, Sport Plus, EX, SX, SX Prestige, SX Prestige X-Line, GT-Line) - 10.25" Touchscreen
  • None yet
Interior (LX, S, EX) - 8" Touchscreen

Performance

Performance (LX, S, Sport) (2.5L Smartstream)

Non-turbo
Performance (S, Sport, Sport Plus, GT-Line) (3.5L V6 Smartstream (AUS))
Non-turbo
  • None yet
Performance (EX, SX, SX Prestige, SX Prestige X-Line) (2.5T Smartstream)
Turbo
Performance (S Hybrid, EX Hybrid) (1.6L PHEV)
Hybrid
  • None yet
Performance (S, Sport, Sport Plus, GT-Line) (2.2T Diesel)
Turbo Diesel
  • None yet

Maintenance

Universal, tried and tested on Kia-Forums

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX X-Line in Sparking Silver and 2019 Hyundai Tucson Sport in White
95 Posts
OEM mud guards are pre installed on xline so not an upgrade or accessory for that trim. Not Sure about others.
Not necessarily, I got an X-Line and mine did not come with mud guards. I have yet to see a Sorento with mud guards, regardless of the trim. At least not in my area. I got mine for $50 a few months after I got the SUV.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: TD Charlie

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green owner
94 Posts
I drove an EX AWD and it got me hooked. Then I wanted all the candy. :) Now I wait...

Also - I saw the JB4 Tuner - and the claims of added up to 100HP & Torque is a bold claim. That would be simply amazing. I need to see some feedback on these mods.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I drove an EX AWD and it got me hooked. Then I wanted all the candy. :) Now I wait...

Also - I saw the JB4 Tuner - and the claims of added up to 100HP & Torque is a bold claim. That would be simply amazing. I need to see some feedback on these mods.
Let's ask @Will1988 's butt dyno? Will's running Map 1 on the tune currently from one of his posts.

Burger's site only has dyno graphs for the GV80 w/ the 2.5T on 91 octane. 254hp baseline, Map 1 284hp = +30hp/37 ft lbs. 254hp baseline, Map 4 319hp = +65hp/79 ft lbs.
  • Map 1: 4psi over stock peak tapering to 2.5psi at high RPM. Default performance map suitable for all 91+ octane fuels.
  • Map 4: Up to 7psi over stock. For use with unleaded race fuel and/or E85 mixtures up to 30%.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone know what stock maximum boost is on the 2.5T?
I just sent a message to Burger Tuning to see if they might have the answer. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX 2.5T
13 Posts
I’ll post my data logs so you can see what it’s actually doing. C-trink I just realized we have twin Sorento’s. Lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX X-Line in Sparking Silver and 2019 Hyundai Tucson Sport in White
95 Posts

This is something I might want to do. I love the interior of the car but hate the gloss black dash as scratches are easily seen and fingerprints are just all over it. I'd get it in matte black.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX 2.5T
13 Posts

This is something I might want to do. I love the interior of the car but hate the gloss black dash as scratches are easily seen and fingerprints are just all over it. I'd get it in matte black.
Yeah I actually found somethings on eBay that go right over the stock stuff and it’s all carbon fiber I’m a sucker for the fiber lol but I also got the bretheon badges for the interior as well

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After going out briskly and doing this also, chalk this up into the universal section of the original post. $31.99 and all the beautiful turbo sounds. Can't wait for my BOV to arrive, the stock diverter valve sounds nice already.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So I will do very small modifications to the car or add on some accessories but nothing like changing the intake filter since I don't ever touch anything under the hood unless it's swapping led lights on some of my older cars. This is a simple swap with the current filter? Sorry, I'm new to this.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I will do very small modifications to the car or add on some accessories but nothing like changing the intake filter since I don't ever touch anything under the hood unless it's swapping led lights on some of my older cars. This is a simple swap with the current filter? Sorry, I'm new to this.
It's two bolts on the box and two on the MAF housing. Then one screw on the sleeve clamp of the new air filter. Took 15 mins. Maneuvering the stock box out is the only annoying part, but it comes out moderately easily. I plan to re-attach the box for service intervals for fewer questions at the dealer. If it were a PIA I probably wouldn't have done it due to wanting to look factory at service.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts