Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993 f-150, 2000 sprtage EX 4X4 5 speed, 2009 smart cab, 2007 expadition limited.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, question?

the other day i got stuck front hubs were not locking.... fixed that problem.

reading my service manual to kill some time this morning. it shows a LSD option.

now that i think about it, when stuck i had lots of rear wheel spin on both tires.

so how do i know for sure i have LSD?

my car is the 4X4 5spd man. no abs EX

thanks

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,574 Posts
Give me the last 8 of your vin. I'll see what I can do. Put it in a PM if you like.

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Someone may have upgraded the rear the #'s won't tell you that....
Find a section of loose dry country road. In 2 wd compete stop spin the tires an check the length of the marks . Posi. rear should be about equal a open rear one side would be alot longer .
Another way jack the rear up off the an support , car in neutral and transfer in 2 wd. Rotate the rear drives haft by hand both tires should rotate in the same direction . Now with a helper try holding one tire from turning while rotate the drive shaft .If held in place it open rear if still rotates posi. If oem their maybe a label on the diff. stating to use limited slip oil...
Hope this helps
chief

·
Registered
1993 f-150, 2000 sprtage EX 4X4 5 speed, 2009 smart cab, 2007 expadition limited.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay cobra259

Y5629739 this is the last 8 of vin.

so far i'm sure the car is all original, even all the radiator and heater hoses. need to replace them all and get good clamps on them. and do timing belt and water pump as well.

the only record of anything being done that i was given was new plugs coils and valve cover gasket and front break pads don at 85,000 miles in 2006. the car now has 135,000.

over all it is a good clean little car for only $500, and we spent $700 on various thing that needed done to pass our state safety inspection. we did all the work ourselves.

thanks frank

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,574 Posts
okay cobra259

Y5629739 this is the last 8 of vin.

so far i'm sure the car is all original, even all the radiator and heater hoses. need to replace them all and get good clamps on them. and do timing belt and water pump as well.

the only record of anything being done that i was given was new plugs coils and valve cover gasket and front break pads don at 85,000 miles in 2006. the car now has 135,000.

over all it is a good clean little car for only $500, and we spent $700 on various thing that needed done to pass our state safety inspection. we did all the work ourselves.

thanks frank

Sorry, your Kia is to old for the vin to tell me much. IE: it won't break it down for me. You will have to try Chief's plan for checking to see if you have a limited slip diff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay thanks,
i think it does have it. yesterday hill no 4X4 and the back wheels both turned and hopped around for about 5'. not a big deal.

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts