Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read somewhere that the picanto has a device that turns of the lights, A/C, etc when the engine is off to save the battery. just wondering if this is totally true as when i have my headlights on, and turn my engine off, all that happens is that they go onto sidelights and the instrument panel lights stay on! is this to then remind you that the lights are on or to just save the battery a little bit??

also...

is any body else aware that the brake lights can be turned on (by pressing the brake) when the engine is off, this seems really pointless and odd

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Hello!

Yes its true, the lights will turn off when you remove the key, the sidelights stay on until you open your door then turn off. If you turn the switch off and on again they will stay on sidelights. The air con also turns off when you switch off (position 0 or I on the ignition). Brake lights working when the key is out seems to be a good idea, say you are very bad and roll the car forward with the engine off, the brakelight still works. Also if you are parked or stopped with the engine off and you want people to see you are there or stopped at night, say waiting for somebody with your lights off (dont ask why) then you can hit the brake.

Dont see it really as pointless but yes it is odd. Not a bad idea though, doesnt make any difference i think....

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts