Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I noticed that there are two lights on the tailgate...on the inside, next to the handle...how do you make them turn on?? I can't seem to figure it out and I don't see anything in the manual

Thanks!! :)

Laurel

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX
177 Posts
You serious? They come on with your parking lights to illuminate your license plate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I like to come to forums to ask random questions I know the answers to :rolleyes:

I just got the car and never stood behind it while the lights were on. Never had a car that had the license plate lights on the hatch

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX
32 Posts
If you're refering to the tail lights mounted on the tail gate and you have a Euro spec sportage then they dont come prewired with bulbs. I bought a set of US spec tail lights (the ones on the tailgate) and they are a direct plug and play. Best mod after the SX grill :)
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
No, I like to come to forums to ask random questions I know the answers to :rolleyes:

I just got the car and never stood behind it while the lights were on. Never had a car that had the license plate lights on the hatch
Well where else would they be? The lights for the plate will always be in close proximity to the plate itself, 99.9% of the time, right above it on both sides. Not to be a prick, but you didn't think to turn the lights on and then walk around the car?

Next thread - "there are these round rubber things at each corner of the car, but I can't turn them by hand, does anyone know how to make them move?". :lol:

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
If you're refering to the tail lights mounted on the tail gate and you have a Euro spec sportage then they dont come prewired with bulbs. I bought a set of US spec tail lights (the ones on the tailgate) and they are a direct plug and play. Best mod after the SX grill :)
Hope this helps.
can you post a picture please?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,956 Posts
No knowing where the OP is from or what vehicle she is referring to.........but the confusion from there is laughable.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,970 Posts
the lights should come on when you turn on your headlights or parking lights they illuminate your license plate and the member is located in the state of Texas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts