Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. 2011 Kia Rondo EX-L, 2.7L V6, 7 Pass.
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 Sorento with aftermarket CompuStar remote starter is still working but the marker lights no longer flash when locking/ unlocking. Is there a seperate relay that controls the lights for the remote? and where would it be located? Turn signals and lights all work fine when running.

·
Registered
08 Sorento 4WD
19 Posts
It could be as simple as a door not being fully shut. I know my 08 will not flash or beep horn with second clcik of lock on factory fab, if door is slightly ajar.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the doors are closed and the alarm is arming. I assume it would not arm if a door sensor was open. It stopped flashing the lights about a week ago.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think I narrowed it down to the DRL daytime running light module. I found I have no rear lights or fog lights. The Brake lights, turns, and headlights all still work. I have the module out and will crack it open tomorrow and see if I can repair it. I saw a uTube video on resoildering the contacts might fix the module.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New DRL module and the same problem still. It keeps blowing the EXT fuse under the hood. I checked all the bulbs and sockets also the trailer harness.
Anyone got any other ideas?

·
Registered
2005 KIA SORENTO
4 Posts
Sorento5,
part of any remote start or alarm, system is a relay for flashing parking lights. That being said, I would look under dash for control unit of the Remote Start, and find wiring that leads to it. There should be a block like module(if you know what a relay looks like?), that should be it. If you don't see one, it's probably built into the control unit.
lots of luck,
VIPER

1 - 7 of 7 Posts