Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a Kia Picanto 2010. Recently, when I arm it using the key fob, the indicator lights do not flash although they do when I disarm it. There have also been a few occasions where the alarm randomly goes off for no reason.
I went to Google which told me a few things:
1) replace the battery. However when I tried it with the spare key, the same thing happened so I don't think it's battery related.
2) Make sure all the contact points are making contact. I located them on the four doors and boot and cleaned them all with meths. The article I found said they should have a corresponding piece of felt or something to depress them when the door is closed. My car does not have this on any of the points. Should it?
3) A video showing a car which isn't a Kia Picanto (can't find one) (which I can't post as this is my first post) seems to explain the problem as being a wired contact point in the bonnet and states that if it is unplugged it won't work. As I say I can't find this piece in my car (but then I'm useless with cars).

Another post on this forum mentions this: "Unexpectedly, the mechanic found that the threads in the mount for the hood pin switch were stripped. There is a small $10 pin switch under the hood that detects when the hood is opened. The pin switch was loose in the holder. We surmised when the hood heats in the sun, the expanding metal causes the connection to go bad. He simply disconnected the pin switch, and no more issues!" So I'm sure this is what it is. Can anybody maybe open their bonnet and post a pic of what it's supposed to look like and maybe identify this section for me, or describe to me in point to point detail where this is? I'm not keen to take my car in right now. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,799 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts