Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 Sporty..Lighter is toast. Has anyone removed their lighter? I assume it just unscrews like normal, but there is a plastic ring around the chrome insert. Not sure if this is part of the lighter, or if it stays in the dash. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
You want to remove the socket?? If so, you will need to pop off the dash bezel, and remove the socket from the back.

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. My setup is a little different evidently. I spent a day at the salvage yard today. The plastic part around the socket snaps into the dash. The socket slides into the plastic part, and is held in with two small tabs. If you look inside the socket, you will see two small openings where the plastic tabs stick thru. If you push out on the two plastic tabs, the socket will then slide out. Then, if you need to remove the plastic barrel, you can depress two tabs on it and slide it out of the dash. The socket will only slide in one way, because there is a tab that sticks out, that has to slide into an opening. A very complicated design for a lighter. This is just info for others that may have the same setup as mine. Cheers...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts