Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed 20 inch rims on my 2011 Kia Sportage, and they look great! The only problem is that the rear of the vehicle must sit a little lower than the front because it doesn't look quite right. Is there a lift kit available for the 2011's and later? Is there a spring that I could replace? Is there a bumper that I could install? If there are not longer coils, is there another SUV that has the same width coils but a longer throw that would give me 3/4 to 1 inch of height? I don't want a huge lift, I just want to get the rear of the vehicle up off the wheels a little bit more.

Anything would help. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2006 Lexus gs300, 2011 optima SX, 2012 Sportage EX Premium
51 Posts
Any pics to go with this to see what it is you are talking about? I really just want to see it on 20's lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the pics...

You can't really tell from these pics that the rear sags a little because I literally have nothing in the back to weigh it down. This is with no spare tire, no storage rack, no jack, and none of my stuff. It looks pretty good, but when I put that stuff in alone, it sags about a half an inch. Then when I accelerate it dips down almost to my tire. I'm trying to find out right now the dimensions of the rear springs on the AWD LX. Does anyone know them? That way I could order longer springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hmm, have you tried 24in wheels? Might be able to install them with a little more clearance.

Do people truly add urethane inserts to deform the spring? Some suspension designs can use a urethane bump stop to avoid bottoming out...

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
Hmm, have you tried 24in wheels? Might be able to install them with a little more clearance.

Do people truly add urethane inserts to deform the spring? Some suspension designs can use a urethane bump stop to avoid bottoming out...
Is that one of them newfangled tractors twinscroll :puzzled: :lol:

And I love my 18" EX wheels, but they ride hard enough! :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts