Kia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,831 Posts
They're made available here for general use when it's needed to get the camber lined up during an alignment. I can't understand why they wouldn't have the same issues there.
If you Google either Hyundai or Kia and "camber kit" here, you see zillions of them.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Sorento, Diesel AWD
18 Posts
They're made available here for general use when it's needed to get the camber lined up during an alignment. I can't understand why they wouldn't have the same issues there.
If you Google either Hyundai or Kia and "camber kit" here, you see zillions of them.
Perhaps we’ll never know why. In any case I have them now, and very happy with the setup.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SLi
2 Posts
It’s lifted around 50mm I think, maybe 55mm. We have the same law here too. With a load on it will drop and the springs will prob sag a bit too over time.

Not sure about the 265/55/19, might struggle to fit that in the spare tire holder, not a lot of room under there. You’d get more sidewall and more tyre options at 17” which was the main reason I went down from 18”.
Was there enough space in the tire holder for your 245/65/17's? Will there be enough for 255's? Just got H+R coils and 30mm blocks installed and need bigger wheels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was there enough space in the tire holder for your 245/65/17's? Will there be enough for 255's? Just got H+R coils and 30mm blocks installed and need bigger wheels.
Not exactly sure yet, but I believe so. My fifth wheel was delayed, hopefully it will arrive in next week or two and I’ll know for sure.

255? depends on the profile I think. If it’s 65 or more I doubt it. You can poke your hands around the tire under there now and get an idea for how much room there is. It will poke down 20mm closer to the ground so that’s something to consider.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento LX 3.3
29 Posts
Only real reason to lift is to install larger tires. Do you need larger tires? Are you hoping to go off road or do you live in a snow belt? You can oversize your tires without a lift kit but it changes many things. Handling, fuel economy and other costs.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento EX V6 FWD
6 Posts
Finally got the new wheels and tyres on.
I'm interested to hear what kind of change in fuel economy and ride have you noticed? I lifted my 2018 Chevrolet 1500 CrewCab 3 inches with 35" AT Tires. Looks awesome but holy smoke, it made a huge difference in fuel economy, ride, etc. I know that this mod isn't quite the difference, but still would like to see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm interested to hear what kind of change in fuel economy and ride have you noticed? I lifted my 2018 Chevrolet 1500 CrewCab 3 inches with 35" AT Tires. Looks awesome but holy smoke, it made a huge difference in fuel economy, ride, etc. I know that this mod isn't quite the difference, but still would like to see.
Fuel economy
The lift I'd say made nil difference, had this for a few months pre the new wheels and tires and noticed no change. As for the tires, haven't measured precisely but I would say highway has gone down from ~31mpg to ~28mpg. City maybe ~22mpg to ~20mpg. This is the 2.2 diesel so YMMV!

Ride
The lift (new springs and blocks, same shocks) made the ride slightly harsher, only noticeable because the Sorento was so good to begin with. Same or less body roll I'd say with the firmer springs. Noticeably higher driving position to start but which I don't notice at all now. Tires added a bit more harshness at a guess. They hum a little, noticeable more so around town, but I've adapted to that too now. No regrets at all with the mods and can't wait to put some gravel miles on them when we go touring Aus next year!

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,589 Posts
Joining the party late. Sharing this video of an offroad Sorento for the benefit of this thread's participants. Pretty cool setup.

Btw, I know it's no match to a lift kit or performance springs but I use rubber spacers on my Sorento. They give me about 1 inch...installed them to compensate for the sagging effect caused by my trailer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll have to brush up on my German haha! Yeah looks like a nice setup.

Btw, I know it's no match to a lift kit or performance springs but I use rubber spacers on my Sorento. They give me about 1 inch...installed them to compensate for the sagging effect caused by my trailer.
Nothing fancy about mine either. I've got 1 inch rubber spacers plus 1 inch lift springs shipped from Germany that were about $450 AUD I think.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2019
1 Posts
Hey all, getting a 2019 Sorento and want a bit more clearance, interested in a lift. Will most of these work for the 2019 as well?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,589 Posts
Hey all, getting a 2019 Sorento and want a bit more clearance, interested in a lift. Will most of these work for the 2019 as well?
How much clearance are we talking about? I got 1.5 inches with the 30mm spacers. Alignment remained intact.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
34 Posts
Which lift kit did you use?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,589 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sorento LX AWD
15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX AWD
1 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help from this thread! Have a 2014 SX and lifted it using the 1.5/1 springs from Shark Racing. Grabbed a bull bar from Autoanything and running boards and roofrack from Carid.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,589 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help from this thread! Have a 2014 SX and lifted it using the 1.5/1 springs from Shark Racing. Grabbed a bull bar from Autoanything and running boards and roofrack from Carid.

View attachment 118906
Beautiful Sorento. I had one of those, same color.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL AWD in negotiation yet...
76 Posts
i go to Russia for 2 months by the end of june and can ship Russian made lift kit 2-4` set from over there. Pm me if you need one.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts