Kia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

Registered
2015 Sorento UM 2.2L CRDI 6-speed auto AWD
Nice Fenn. I've got eibach springs + 20mm blocks, and soon will have 245/65/17s. Will put some pics up when the new wheels/tyres go on.

[/URL][/URL]
[/URL][/URL]
Nice Fenn. I've got eibach springs + 20mm blocks, and soon will have 245/65/17s. Will put some pics up when the new wheels/tyres go on.

first person I see doing offroad mods to this model 馃憤

I also got the under armor, and the 'tuningbox fusion' (I definitely recommend the pedal control if you like your car to move when you want it to). I also opted for the phone app to adjust power settings on-the-fly.

tuningbox.com/en/diesel-performance-chip-tuning/cars/kia/sorento/2-2-crdi-bosch-200.htm

Registered
2018 Kia Sorento, Diesel AWD
Wow, nice Fenn! More power and better response would be nice, though I鈥檓 happy with the performance for now. Maybe a mod for when my warranty has finished: 2025!

Registered
yeah, the power is sufficient as stock. I'd still recommend a throttle control, the difference is unbelievable. maximum setting not recommended in the city 馃槀 now with winter coming, I'll probably have to turn both off.

I took the same chance as I did with my -08 2.0crdi cee'd when I bought it new. got a cheap power box for it immediately and still no problems after 12 years. even the original clutch is still working fine. in the ceed it made a yuge difference.

it can be removed in few minutes and doesn't leave signs of having been used. I take it off for inspections and service.

next I'm gonna need longer rear shocks and brake hoses. and I'm looking in to different ways to brake the rear tires separately to gain "locker effect".

spent 14 days in the Rento, with the wife, on our summer vacation around Lapland. the 5-seat version has a LOT of space. four dogs and their cage, 40L fridge, 140cm wide bed in the back (folded foam mattress), spare fuel and -beer under the floor, tools, foldable pavilion, chairs, table, grill, shower...

I'd probably still be happy with my ceed, if I hadn't started watching vids of ppl in ngkala rocks.. after that came the overlanding vids and I was sold 馃槀馃憤

Registered
got a cheap power box for it immediately and still no problems after 12 years.
good to hear the tuning box is reliable after so may years.

and I'm looking in to different ways to brake the rear tires separately to gain "locker effect".
this is just stability control yeah? a short press on the Esc button will turn off traction control and leave stability control engaged.

spent 14 days in the Rento, with the wife, on our summer vacation around Lapland.
That sounds like such a great adventure! I'll be looking to take the sorento (plus wife and 3 kids) around Australia next year. might not take on ngkala rocks though haha馃槃 馃殫馃寠馃槶

Registered
nothing to do with the car's esc system. direct manual brake control. they seem to be a thing 馃槀 for example lever-controlled wiring to each handbrake. then there's hydraulic brakes with double calibers (too much for me. at least at this point 馃榿)

Registered
nothing to do with the car's esc system. direct manual brake control. they seem to be a thing 馃槀 for example lever-controlled wiring to each handbrake. then there's hydraulic brakes with double calibers (too much for me. at least at this point 馃榿)
ah I see. I have to say though, have you thought about maybe... a proper 4wd! 馃槒

i get it though, it's a fun project to see how far you can get these to go. good luck!

Registered
thanks! I don't do swamp-winching and I need a proper daily, so this works fine for me. touring is my thing, but I do have an adventurous mind 馃槍

Registered
thanks! I don't do swamp-winching and I need a proper daily, so this works fine for me. touring is my thing, but I do have an adventurous mind 馃槍
Finally got the new wheels and tyres on.

Attachments

Registered

Registered
2017 Sorento Platinum, 2.2 Diesel, AWD
Finally got the new wheels and tyres on.
That looks great!! How much does it lift at the end? WA has a legal limit of 50mm only.... I鈥檓 thinking of the spring (+35mm) and 265/55/19 AT tyres on the stock wheel (+10mm). Cheers!

Registered
Looks good with that white paint. How noisy are those tires on the road?
Not too bad. Noticeable if you listen for it, a humming mostly around 40 - 60 km/hr. It doesn鈥檛 seem to me to get much louder at higher speeds, so at 100km/hr I can鈥檛 hear it over wind noise.

Registered
That looks great!! How much does it lift at the end? WA has a legal limit of 50mm only.... I鈥檓 thinking of the spring (+35mm) and 265/55/19 AT tyres on the stock wheel (+10mm). Cheers!
It鈥檚 lifted around 50mm I think, maybe 55mm. We have the same law here too. With a load on it will drop and the springs will prob sag a bit too over time.

Not sure about the 265/55/19, might struggle to fit that in the spare tire holder, not a lot of room under there. You鈥檇 get more sidewall and more tyre options at 17鈥 which was the main reason I went down from 18鈥.

Registered
Joined the bandwagon finally. Ordered set of 17鈥 and will put on maxxis 771 245/65/17 Tyres. Ordered suspension and waiting for shipping now. Hope this can be done before Chrissy.

Registered
Joined the bandwagon finally. Ordered set of 17鈥 and will put on maxxis 771 245/65/17 Tyres. Ordered suspension and waiting for shipping now. Hope this can be done before Chrissy. View attachment 116734
Just a tip from my experience, make sure you get 16mm camber bolts. I got 17mm originally and they were too big. Local suspension shop couldn't source the 16mm locally so I went online and they were out of stock for months. That size is not so common it seems.

Registered
Just a tip from my experience, make sure you get 16mm camber bolts. I got 17mm originally and they were too big. Local suspension shop couldn't source the 16mm locally so I went online and they were out of stock for months. That size is not so common it seems.
thank you! that's great tip!! will check it out :D

Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
That's weird. You can get them just about anywhere here. Mevotech and Moog are a couple of the more common manufacturers we see, offering either +/-1.75 or +/-2.5 degree kits.

Registered
That's weird. You can get them just about anywhere here. Mevotech and Moog are a couple of the more common manufacturers we see, offering either +/-1.75 or +/-2.5 degree kits.
Hmm, guess it鈥檚 just a small market for those here in Aus?

61 - 80 of 100 Posts