Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,659 Posts
Extra lift in front relieves some of the driveline stress (additional angle of driveshaft to rear differential).

·
Registered
19 Sorento LX v6 AWD
9 Posts
Looking for a Lift kit for the 17 Sorento, anybody have any leads????
Truxxx.com has a new kit just put on their website last week. I ordered the kit last month before it was officially out. I had it installed on tuesday. Really like the new ride height. Drives great so far.

·
Registered
19 Sorento LX v6 AWD
9 Posts
Anyone know why would you want the front end to be 3/4" higher than the back end? Is that just for appearence or is there a functional reason?
It helps level out the front so it's no so forward tilted. Plus the lowest clearance on the vehicle stock is the front end.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX V6
713 Posts

·
Registered
19 Sorento LX v6 AWD
9 Posts
The point is to be able to get my family out to good camping spots and get off the beaten path. Not needing a full offroad vehicle for that. (Have an 87 bronco for beating up on heavy trails) a little more clearance is not a bad thing. Fabricating a skid plate is next on my list. 👍🏻

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX 3.3 V6 FWD
8 Posts
It helps level out the front so it's no so forward tilted. Plus the lowest clearance on the vehicle stock is the front end.
Hmmm. I worry what that will look like. I don't like the appearance of cars who look like they're dragging their tail by design.
Plus, I thought I'd seen in some other thread in this forum that the max you could lift the Sorento's strut suspension is about 1 5/8" before the lift messes with the alignment (cast/camber) and/or the puts stress on the CV joint. Anybody seen or heard that as well?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX 3.3 V6 FWD
8 Posts
Hmmm. I worry what that will look like. I don't like the appearance of cars who look like they're dragging their tail by design.
Plus, I thought I'd seen in some other thread in this forum that the max you could lift the Sorento's strut suspension is about 1 5/8" before the lift messes with the alignment (cast/camber) and/or the puts stress on the CV joint. Anybody seen or heard that as well?
UPDATE: I phoned Truxxx today about their 2" lift kit and they said the 1.5" lift in the back is a typo. It is 2" lift both front and rear. They also claimed they test their products with local dealers because they want to make sure the products function right and don't void the vehicle warranty. Based on that testing, they said, the 2" lift kit for my 2016 Sorento SX would not alter the front MacPherson strut suspension geometry to cause something like excessive wear on the outer tread of the tire, and it would not cause premature wear of the CV joints.
On the other hand, they also confirmed that of course a lift kit like this would not make a substantial difference in the load-carrying capacity on the rear of the car, which is a second goal of mine. I will still need to find a separate solution for that, and I was told that air bags will not work if the lift kit is installed. (I wonder if they just meant the size of the airbag would have to be taller?)
I ordered the 2" lift kit as it looks like the best-built and it's USA-built. I'll try to report back here after it's installed.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Sorento, Diesel AWD
15 Posts
The point is to be able to get my family out to good camping spots and get off the beaten path. Not needing a full offroad vehicle for that. (Have an 87 bronco for beating up on heavy trails) a little more clearance is not a bad thing. Fabricating a skid plate is next on my list. 👍🏻
Have you seen these asfir skid plates Front Skid Plate I've just purchased one, not sure of the shipping time yet but will post an update.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Sorento SX
5 Posts
Got these lifting springs for my 2016 Kia Sorento V6 AWD:

Was able to fit 265/50/r20 Nitto AT tires.
I know 1.6" F and 2.2" R is not a significant lift but I am curious if you were able to set alignment to OEM specs after installing these. Also curious how it affected the ride.

·
Registered
2016 LX Sorento FWD 7 Pass
23 Posts
Truxxx.com has a new kit just put on their website last week. I ordered the kit last month before it was officially out. I had it installed on tuesday. Really like the new ride height. Drives great so far.
Did you wrap your door handles? im about to do my window trim and want to get rid of the chrome handles as well but don't want to plastidip/hyperdip the door handles.

·
Registered
19 Sorento LX v6 AWD
9 Posts
Did you wrap your door handles? im about to do my window trim and want to get rid of the chrome handles as well but don't want to plastidip/hyperdip the door handles.
I plastidipped my handles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally had some time to get the skid plate on. Pretty straightforward. The instructions were slightly off (there was a mis-numbered part) and there a was a extra washer and a missing bolt (but I had plenty spare from the old cardboard plate that was there). Very happy with it overall. Nice and sturdy and should give us some extra protection when I hit trail and forget I'm not driving a Jeep.

Edit: there were some 'wings' that go left and right near the wheels not shown in the first pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 116331

28771-1 springs and +30mm blocks, plus 265/65/17

View attachment 116332
Nice Fenn. I've got eibach springs + 20mm blocks, and soon will have 245/65/17s. Will put some pics up when the new wheels/tyres go on.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts