Kia Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Sorento LX AWD V6
18 Posts
There is a lift kit sold for this (30mm lift which is 1.2"). I don't care about looks,minivan blah blah. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has done this. The EBAY seller is in Russia, but tells me he has North American buyers as well. Here is the link

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,136 Posts
The answers to too many questions depend upon the trim level or the market since there are quite a few variations in how these things get built.
Tell me your car won't start, and I won't know if you have a mandatory immobilizer system (Canada) or not, for example. Especially with electrical issues, I find the correct answer depends upon what you're driving and where you are.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The answers to too many questions depend upon the trim level or the market since there are quite a few variations in how these things get built.
Tell me your car won't start, and I won't know if you have a mandatory immobilizer system (Canada) or not, for example. Especially with electrical issues, I find the correct answer depends upon what you're driving and where you are.
Ah, so that msg was automatically generated? Still hoping to find someone who has installed the 30mm lift

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento (run about)
162 Posts
Davevail.

For our other vehicle (which is a 2014 CRV AWD), I bought and installed 4 x 20mm coil spring spacers in it. And yes, I ordered the parts from ebay / Russia seller. Installed them in my driveway - to give it 1.5"-1.75" lift (for ease of entry/exit with my bad back) and to better align its AWD's CV/universal joints. In time, its soft comfort suspension sagged. So, this spacer lift gave it a nice re-fresh look to it as well. Knowing what I know now, I should have installed 20mm in its front and 30mm in its rear. Thus, giving it a better visual stance look as well. Lesson learned for next time. LOL!

For my above AWD vehicle, I would install coil spring spacers again. Especially on older age / sagged suspension vehicle and we plan to keep that vehicle for many more years. Before lifting it 1.5 inches, I was told many times that max 20mm front and 30mm rear is the max lift on factory designed suspension. Not too sure what the max spacer lift is for Sorrento AWD vehicle. I assume its the same. To place it save, only install the 20mm size.

Do keep in mind that coil spring spacers do NOT create more load support. It only lifts the vehicle a little higher off the ground. If looking for more rear load support, install Firestone air lift system instead. Thus, reduce sag under load as well. Based on my experience, no change in cornering / leaning afterwards either. Then again, I don't drive like a Formula 1 race car driver. I'm now way too old for that stuff... LOL!

Note: Do get 4 wheel tire alignment after minor lift as well.

And yes, I would install coil spring spacers (to create minor lift) again. Especially in our non-Towing AWD "older age" suspension vehicle - that was showing early signs suspension sag / suspension settling.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL AWD in negotiation yet...
72 Posts
yep, russian kit is good, but they do sale cheap chinese one as well. Russian look is black, not red! I saw it in person this summer over there in Moscow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
THX - I was just looking for a tad more ground clearance How easy was the install? The instructions I saw were in Russian.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is a link to russian Sorento (Prime, as they do have both models in sale yet) forum:

Company called: Begunokart.ru
[email protected] / [email protected] , phone: +7-905-725-64-35
if you will need assistance in communication feel free to ask...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Unfortunately my respond was moderated...LOL. May be it is not good to share info...sorry. You can always PM me for more details about...

BTW Im not in business with these russian guys...Im a spinal physiotherapist...

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento (run about)
162 Posts
For my auto mechanic skills / experience and specialized coil compression tools, they were an easy install - DIY on a flat driveway type work. For me, I completed 1 wheel hub each night - after dinner time. Started Monday night, allowed 1 day of rain and by Friday night, it was all completed. Ready for wheel alignment afterwards. Took me full 5 days mostly due to my bad knees & bad back. re: Older age pain things. LOL! If outside your skills / available specialized tools, do ask your local auto shop to perform the 20mm or 30mm spacer install task instead.

For install instructions, simply Google Search Internet and/or U-Tube for similar product and/or similar vehicle. Then, "clone" the tasks they used. For example, surf: http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/rls-66-1090_instructions.pdf

Before buying either 20mm or 30mm suspension spacers (that fit above its coil springs and/or above its struts mounting surfaces), recommend putting your vehicle on flat ground, empty load, and use your floor jack to lift the vehicle xx mm amounts. Then, stand back - to check "visual stance look" and check CV alignments to each wheel hub as well. And when lifting, remember that its not a direct xx mm lift numbers. re: Since coil springs and struts are connected to A-Arms at their 2/3 out position, a 20 mm spacer creates end results of 30 mm lift. And, a 30 mm spacer creates end result lift of 40 mm lift. Thus, for visual stance checks, its best to jack up your vehicle 30 mms for the 20 mm lift spacer. And, jack up 40 mms for 30 mm spacers.

IMO, lift spacers are an easy low cost way to lift suspension 1" -> 2" - to help eliminate natural old age suspension sag. Especially on older age "suspension settled" vehicles. If planning to install monster tires and/or go off-roading afterwards, I would install a geometry movement tuned HD Suspension lift kit instead. Changing factory's suspension geometry movement angles can be very delicate on some vehicles. Thus, why I went with minor 20 mm spacer solution (on my wife's AWD vehicle). Anything more and it will over stress the factory build geometry movements and increase risk of over wearing moving parts - like delicate CV/Universal joints/seals at each wheel hub. But, I do think 30mm on my wife's AWD vehicle's rear would look slightly better.

Hope this helps as well..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got these lifting springs for my 2016 Kia Sorento V6 AWD:

Was able to fit 265/50/r20 Nitto AT tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXL
131 Posts
Got these lifting springs for my 2016 Kia Sorento V6 AWD:

Was able to fit 265/50/r20 Nitto AT tires.
you replaced the springs front and back and the pics is the outcome?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts