Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2017 sorento EX Prem
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Lift kit for the 17 Sorento, anybody have any leads????

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0 tGDI AWD
167 Posts
I've been wondering how different our Sorentos (2016+) are to the 2014 - 2015 on the suspension side. The 2014 to 2015 has springs available by H&R. They are not on the US H&R site, but on the main German site.

Lift spring part number 28771-1

i'm seriously thinking about installing them. I would like a little more altitude.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento LX AWD
270 Posts
HA!!! I about shit myself on the minivan pic! HAHAHAHAHAH... Good times! OMG...

OK, so I'm Ok now but, what's wrong with a lift? I'm not talking monster truck height but 1-2" would open up the wheel wells and you could fit some beefier looking rubber. In truth, it is a soft roader. But how much different is it than folks putting 22" rims on a Grand Cherokee or G Wagon and castrating it's original intent = off road ability. Some stuff doesn't make sense to me but what's wrong with customizing your own ride for the look you want?

I can't lie... back in the day I had a Honda Accord and I WAS! 2 Fast AND 2 Furious! Hind site, I ruined that car. My brother somehow managing to roll it 4 times through a rice field, totaling it, was a blessing in disguise. But I thought I WAS Paul Walker and I liked it and it felt good to me.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX V6 AWD
536 Posts
Lifting your vehicle doesn't just change the look, it also changes the center of mass on the car. The car was designed to be driven at a certain height, so if you change it, it could be a safety risk.

But realistically speaking, many people lift their cars and never have an issue.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX V6
600 Posts
Agreed!

I do over 99% of my driving on road. I may drive on the beach say 10 times in a summer and that is the only time I could use more clearance. Going off the dune is rough, has deep ruts, the Sorento sometimes hits bottom (especially in the front) and people get stuck all the time (probably mostly due to poor driving technique and not airing down enough - I always chuckle when lifted trucks and Jeeps get stuck.... it is happens all of the time).... but thus far the Sorento has been amazing. I for sure wish I had a few more inches of clearance when going over the rough stuff.... but I just could never justify a lift on my soft roader as again, 99+% of the driving I do is on pavement with the occasional dirt road.

Not only is there the cost of a lift kit, you have the worse driving dynamics and the increased fuel consumption to deal with 99%+ of the time.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
51 Posts
On the towing thread several of us are looking at the Air Lift 1000 for some lift and help with tongue weight sag. More reasonable approach that a full suspension lift. I actually have a set purchased, waiting for me to install. Hopefully this weekend. Replacing Coil SumoSprings which I have on now. The SumoSprings gave it a little firmer ride (took the luxury liner feel out of it) I hoping for some lift and the same stiffer ride I enjoy now. https://www.airliftcompany.com/workshop/air-lift-1000-universal-air-spring-kit/

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0 tGDI AWD
167 Posts
i'm looking for 2 reasons myself, the low slung trailer hitch and a little more clearance. I think the sorento would look pretty good with it being raised by 1 inch. i'm not looking to raise it high up in the sky and fit 35 inch tires or anything. Even in my old 2012 i was looking to do 1 inch lift. Daystar had a 2 inch spacer for the 2012 but i thought that would be too much. Living 20 miles from the middle of nowhere and having tons of dirt roads leading to interesting fishing, hunting or photogenic areas (lakes, rivers, etc) i would definitely like to have a little bit more clearance. Oh, and lets not forget the snow. i think having that extra inch of clearance and i would have had an easier time during a few snowstorms last year.

i will admit, that air spring kit does intrigue me for when i'm towing, or if i have a bunch of stuff in the back, but i still would like to have just a little more ground clearance

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the towing thread several of us are looking at the Air Lift 1000 for some lift and help with tongue weight sag. More reasonable approach that a full suspension lift. I actually have a set purchased, waiting for me to install. Hopefully this weekend. Replacing Coil SumoSprings which I have on now. The SumoSprings gave it a little firmer ride (took the luxury liner feel out of it) I hoping for some lift and the same stiffer ride I enjoy now.

Very interested to see how this works out for you. What kit number did you order?

Subscribed

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
51 Posts
On the towing thread several of us are looking at the Air Lift 1000 for some lift and help with tongue weight sag. More reasonable approach that a full suspension lift. I actually have a set purchased, waiting for me to install. Hopefully this weekend. Replacing Coil SumoSprings which I have on now. The SumoSprings gave it a little firmer ride (took the luxury liner feel out of it) I hoping for some lift and the same stiffer ride I enjoy now.

Very interested to see how this works out for you. What kit number did you order?

Subscribed
Air Lift 60901 1000 Universal Air Spring Kit
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018O94MMK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
2017 sorento EX Prem
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im debating on having some 1 1/2' coil spring spacers made up and doing it that way, ill let you guys know if it happens or not

1 - 20 of 39 Posts