Kia Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sportage Mk3 1.7 (2) crdi isg
100 Posts
I went to a similar site and figured out that 225/70/16 is identical to the OEM 235/55/18. Fortunately, My speedometer shouldn't have any difference.

The new rim size can cause poke. What are the measurements for the rims. The oem tyre size looks much better and will respond better to steering. 225/70/16 tyres are on the lowest grade of Sportage. Big side wall

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage AWD EX w/ Premium................. 2012 Kia Rio SX w/ Premium
171 Posts
I went to a similar site and figured out that 225/70/16 is identical to the OEM 235/55/18. Fortunately, My speedometer shouldn't have any difference.

The new rim size can cause poke. What are the measurements for the rims. The oem tyre size looks much better and will respond better to steering. 225/70/16 tyres are on the lowest grade of Sportage. Big side wall
Rim size is 16x7. Currently I have OEM 18x7. I agree on the handling decrease but I really wanted All Terrains.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
530 Posts
looks great.

taller side walls helps to absorb some of the bumps and dips, for light/moderate off road, going over train tracks, driving around Houston with all the potholes and cracked pavement...

·
Registered
Car: 2016 Sportage 2.0 Petrol (Aussie)...Bike: Suzuki GSF1250S Bandit with sidecar
268 Posts
Hello everyone, another update.

Since my last post I have had a set of 255x55x18 General Grabber ATs fitted and the lift springs went on last week.
Did these throw out the speedo very much, got the same 18" rims and thinking about my next set ?

Glad we don't have the TPMS over here, I understand the reasoning but seems like a lot of extra trouble as soon as you deviate from standard - plus I think I'd feel safer knowing I personally have checked pressure and visually inspected the tyres.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage Platinum CRD AWD & Triumph Tiger 1050
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Did these throw out the speedo very much, got the same 18" rims and thinking about my next set ?

Glad we don't have the TPMS over here, I understand the reasoning but seems like a lot of extra trouble as soon as you deviate from standard - plus I think I'd feel safer knowing I personally have checked pressure and visually inspected the tyres.
Hi Barry,

Actually it made the speedo pretty much bang on. I checked it with several GPS apps and there's only about 1kmh in it, so doing 100 i'm actually doing 101ish. There is a bit of tyre howl but nowhere near as much as the BFG ATs I had on my Subaru.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Crazycatman, do you still monitor this thread, if so I need so help, I purchased the dobinson springs and tried to have them installed, but the front springs hit the body on speed bumps with the OEM shocks, did you have any issues, I have the AWD 2.4L petrol 2011 sportage Platinum.
Did you find taller shocks for the sportage?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts