Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the lights for the license plates is not working. Remove the cover, expecting to see a bulb. What was there was a black module with wires at each end.
I could not figure how to remove this in order to get a replacement.
Can anyone offer a way to replace this unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
756 Posts
I'm not sure, but it may be something like the following. It's for a 2014, but it may be applicable.

Looks like you can remove the lense on the black module to get at a normal bulb.

Let us know if that's the case and details for the bulb.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, but it may be something like the following. It's for a 2014, but it may be applicable.

Looks like you can remove the lense on the black module to get at a normal bulb.

Let us know if that's the case and details for the bulb.
Have you done this? I following the instructions but had a hard time putting in the new bulb... gave up & will try again tomorrow. Sure is not designed simply especially for fat-fingered oldsters.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
756 Posts
No, I haven't tried it. If the images on the page match up with what your seeing, then it's probably correct.

Maybe the bulb only goes in there in a specific way.

·
Registered
Silver 2012 Kia Sorento FWD Base with 2.4L
123 Posts
You try using needle nose pliers with electrical tape on the "jaws"? I use them to grip the bulb and hold it in place as I get the bulb into the festoon contacts. I use the needle nose pliers because it gives me a good grip and I don't have to worry about my fat hands getting in the way. Kinda like using tweezers to get a tiny ship into a bottle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts