Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum,
I have a 2000 Kia Sportage that I took in for a service check at a local garage . I asked him to check the right front hub for looseness . The car drove fine and no noises or vibrations. He ended up saying he thought I had bad rear U joints and took it upon himself to take the driveshaft apart. He jumbled the parts without marking them and also was unable to obtain new U joints due to the local auto parts place clerks being too lazy. I obtained the U joints from Napa and he reassembled the driveshaft. The car now has a low droning sound and vibration that picks up at 45 mph and gets worse as the car goes faster. I took the car to another shop and they pulled the driveshaft and balanced it . The noise and vibration is still there. The car is now at the kia dealership and they are stumped too at this point. Any ideas or suggestions? I have told them to check the driveshaft again.. Lewis may have put some gremlins in it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You should ALWAYS scribe mark a driveshaft/u joint assembly before disassembling it. If you don't you get what you got. The first mechanic is a moron. Don't go back to him. But what you SHOULD do is present him with the bill for a new driveshaft because the BEST solution to get rid of the drone is to replace the entire assembly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts