Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Optima LX, '07 Chevy Avalanche LT, 02 Honda Goldwing
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, how long have you owned your Rondo?

I bought ours new May 31st of 2007. Still have it. Other than the front springs breaking, it's been a great car. My wife loves it and has threatened me with bodily harm if I tried to sell it!

·
Registered
2007 Rondo and 2000 Tacoma
119 Posts
I replaced my 2004 Sedona with a 2007 Rondo and I couldn’t be happier..... 99,000 trouble free miles and getting it ready now for a cross country tour........ All original mechanical parts.

I consider it the “Swiss Army Knife” of vehicles......I got the optional three row seating, the roof rack cross bars and added a tow hitch.....It does it all and still gets 29-30 mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
2007 KIA Carens 2.0 CRDi, 7 seat, 200.000 km / 2017 KIA Niro HEV, 8.000 km
43 Posts
Bought new Carens diesel in March 2007. Now with 193.000 km. So far trouble free, never let me down on a road. But ages come to show a bit, had to replace mostly worn parts lately - ball joints, EGR valve, MAF sensor and throttle body. And a great thing is that engine's running really well, no oil consumption and I still get around 6,5 liters/100 km on open road.

Poslano sa mog MI MAX 3 koristeći Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 kia rondo ex
11 Posts
2 months here, used 2014 EX, I really like it but i am wondering how much trouble i will have to find parts for it, they didnt sell much

·
Registered
119 Posts
I replaced my 2004 Sedona with a 2007 Rondo and I couldn’t be happier..... 99,000 trouble free miles and getting it ready now for a cross country tour........ All original mechanical parts.

I consider it the “Swiss Army Knife” of vehicles......I got the optional three row seating, the roof rack cross bars and added a tow hitch.....It does it all and still gets 29-30 mpg on the highway.
Just got back from a 9,000 mile cross country tour...... Used 1 qt of 5w30 Mobil 1 for the entire trip ( was previously using Walmart 5w20 synthetic and using a quart per 1,000 miles ) 24 -36 mpg....... No mechanical failures, all original at 109,000 miles.

Met a couple in a 2009 Rondo ( 4 cylinder engine also ) with 260,000 miles. All original parts ( engine, trans, fuel pump, water pump, alternator, etc , etc.....) nothing replaced yet, but he said rear shocks were finally ready for replacing.

Tough little cars if maintained properly : )

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just got back from a 9,000 mile cross country tour...... Used 1 qt of 5w30 Mobil 1 for the entire trip ( was previously using Walmart 5w20 synthetic and using a quart per 1,000 miles ) 24 -36 mpg....... No mechanical failures, all original at 109,000 miles.

Met a couple in a 2009 Rondo ( 4 cylinder engine also ) with 260,000 miles. All original parts ( engine, trans, fuel pump, water pump, alternator, etc , etc.....) nothing replaced yet, but he said rear shocks were finally ready for replacing.

Tough little cars if maintained properly : )
Finally had a mechanical failure (it didn’t fail but it did wear out) , my front end was starting to make noise going over bumps. Replaced the two front stabilizer bars today.
($20. in parts and one hour job in the driveway)

·
Registered
2007 KIA Carens 2.0 CRDi, 7 seat, 200.000 km / 2017 KIA Niro HEV, 8.000 km
43 Posts
Funny, I just bought them today as the right stabiliser started making noise last week...

Poslano sa mog MI MAX 3 koristeći Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just figured I’d add something to this......I asked the owner about specific items like fuel pump, alternator, water pump, etc. everything original which amazed me.

Then I mentioned in tank fuel filters, I got the “deer in the headlights” look. He had no idea what I was talking about.

So if he went 260,000 on original pump and filter maybe it is a lifetime part under “normal” conditions.

P.S. I’ll still do mine every 50,000 just to be safe but I figured for those that must pay someone for the job maybe you can just save the time and money.

·
Registered
Rondo 2008 LX V6 119kmiles, 3rd owner, White, 5 seats
37 Posts
It`s been 9 years and now at 113000 miles. Few problems after warranty were link kit (replaced with Moogs), front coil springs (replaced with Monroe Optima V6 strut kit) and a burst brake line. Rust is slowly killing my Rondo :(

·
Registered
2010 Kia Rondo LX
4 Posts
One week. Picked up a 2010 rondo LX 2.4 with 83,600 miles on it. Got a really good price if it holds up. After one week I know i will have to replace the factory stereo (cutting in and out especially over bumps) and door lock actuators on the drivers side (knew that when I bought it).

I'm quite pleased so far,(knock on wood). I just have got to learn how to pump gas really slow (who came up with that design ?)

·
Registered
119 Posts
One week. Picked up a 2010 rondo LX 2.4 with 83,600 miles on it. Got a really good price if it holds up. After one week I know i will have to replace the factory stereo (cutting in and out especially over bumps) and door lock actuators on the drivers side (knew that when I bought it).

I'm quite pleased so far,(knock on wood). I just have got to learn how to pump gas really slow (who came up with that design ?)
The slow fill might be a symptom of a clogged gas tank vapor canister.

·
Registered
'08 Rondo EX 2.4, '17 Ram 1500 Hemi Crew
3 Posts
"08 Rondo 2.4 91K miles. The only trouble was an A/C clutch coil that was intermittent. $40 on ebay and a few hours in the garage. Just upgraded my wife's stereo. She won't ever part with it.

·
Registered
2016 Rondo LX 6-speed manual
1 Posts
Bought new 2 years ago. 56,000km (approx 33,000 miles) Only issue so far has been the rear brake caliper sliders needed to be cleaned up to let the pads move freely. Averaging 7.5 litres per 100 km (31 miles per US gal) but noticed fuel efficiency is very sensitive to headwinds or tailwinds - guess it's not very aerodynamic!

·
Registered
119 Posts
glenrondo16;1996674.................... Averaging 7.5 litres per 100 km (31 miles per US gal) but noticed fuel efficiency is very sensitive to headwinds or tailwinds - guess it's not very aerodynamic![/QUOTE said:
The same year Optima ( the rondo is built on its platform) gets about four MPG better. ..........Aerodynamics (and it’s a little heavier ) must account for the difference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts