Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorento S 2.4L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced the rear turn signals and tail lights to CANBUS LED's. I have tried 3 different brands of CANBUS to get one that kind of works. Turn signals work fine no hyper flash. Brake lights work fine also, but the minute I turn on parking lights or headlights, warning lights to check brake lights come on. Usually only one side gives the warning, other times both side indicate problem. So it is just the tail light circuit that needs the Load Resistors added to it. My question is just how hot do the load resistors get. I know not to fasten them to the plastic light assembly I have been thinking of mounting to the body and wire into the body side of the wiring harness plug. I am concerned with the resistors being wired into the tail lights and the circuit always be on when headlights are in use causing the resistors to get hotter and hotter. Not like turn signals or brake lights that are off when not in use. I don't think there is much room behind the assembly and not much air movement. Just how much heat is going to build up to possibly melt or warp the assembly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts