Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have seen a couple different forums about replacing the tag lights with LEDs. They all seem like they around a year old so I was just wondering which ones users would recommend? I have been looking online and have found some but I can't find any reviews from Sportage owners on the webpages as to how well they work and how the install was. Thanks for any help!

I am also looking to do HIDs and any help on choosing the best ones would be awesome. I can't make up my mind about 6000K or 4300K? So other Sportage owner input would be great! :unsure:

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
There is a small 12 LED (4x3) panel that fits perfectly behind the lens. Installation was quite easy, remove two screws that holds the lens in place, remove the existing bulb, insert the LED bulb adapter, place the panel behind the lens and reinstall the two screws. Repeat on the other side.

I would have preferred a 5000K bulb, but it wasn't available in an H11 so I chose a 6000K kit. My first kit used a slim ballast (35W) but it blew shortly after installation. My current kit doesn't use a slim ballast, but is still 35W, and is still working perfectly. Others, though, haven't had any problems with a slim ballast kit. Just my bad luck, I guess.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. Do you know what website carries the LED panel?

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
You can get expensive ones from Diode Dynamics, but I bought mine either locally or through eBay and they are still working fine.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
Buy the cheap ones from ebay they last a long time, easy to install, and alot cheaper.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Jeez, ballasts? Plug-n-play something of the past?

Anyway, I only want a UV LED plate setup, that way only the cops with NVGs can see it and if they are looking for me, they mean business.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Thanks for the link, the size is what is what I was unsure of...I might buy a new set once I am able to redeem my eBay Bucks.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the link, the size is what is what I was unsure of...I might buy a new set once I am able to redeem my eBay Bucks.
The size was my concern as well, I double checked before I ordered. The shipping was very fast as well. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts