Kia Forum banner

LED Door Sill for Sportage

7K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  omtek 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Not for anything but that price is stupid high. For instance.....

New LED Stainless Door Sill Scuff Plate for Kia Sportage R 2010 2011 2012 | eBay

That said, when you install these, you just run the wires under the carpet. You can either hook them up to a switch so they are manual, to the parking light live wire so they come on with the lights or figure a way to rig them up to the dome lights so they come on when a door opens.

#7 ·
I have them installed, and they didnt last more than 4 months, both driver and passanger led are now completely dead, in my opinion its a waste of time, its only a matter of time until the 2 remaining goes dead

Have tried both brands, i installed them so they would turn on when the doors where opened, but its crap quality

Sincerely

Carsten
Denmark

#10 · (Edited)
EDIT - Good link, nice looking product, good price.

#11 ·
Take a look at these and the other stuff he's selling, OEM Hyundai part numbers, some packaging written in Korean. Gut feeling is they're genuine or I wouldn't have bought them. There's a lot of aftermarket Chinese crap out there, i.e. the LED scuff plates. My wife's Hyundai Veracruz LTD has genuine came-with-the-car lighted scuffs, not really impressed.

#12 ·
I guess my bigger problem is that you are a Jersey driver. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.