Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage AWD EX w/ Premium................. 2012 Kia Rio SX w/ Premium
171 Posts
I do like how these look but I would also like to know where you would run the wire too and how to connect it?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Not for anything but that price is stupid high. For instance.....

New LED Stainless Door Sill Scuff Plate for Kia Sportage R 2010 2011 2012 | eBay

That said, when you install these, you just run the wires under the carpet. You can either hook them up to a switch so they are manual, to the parking light live wire so they come on with the lights or figure a way to rig them up to the dome lights so they come on when a door opens.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage LX 2012
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not for anything but that price is stupid high. For instance.....

New LED Stainless Door Sill Scuff Plate for Kia Sportage R 2010 2011 2012 | eBay

That said, when you install these, you just run the wires under the carpet. You can either hook them up to a switch so they are manual, to the parking light live wire so they come on with the lights or figure a way to rig them up to the dome lights so they come on when a door opens.
That's cheap! Great find! :rolleyes: I like it when the door opens but could not find in the net any instructions for installing the LED sill particularly on Sportage.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
That's cheap! Great find! :rolleyes: I like it when the door opens but could not find in the net any instructions for installing the LED sill particularly on Sportage.
Yeah, you might not be able to locate the instructions, although the product might come with them. I can't imagine them selling something like that and not telling people how to install them.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage Sports Edition 2.0 Aut. Sunroof, Casa White
127 Posts
I have them installed, and they didnt last more than 4 months, both driver and passanger led are now completely dead, in my opinion its a waste of time, its only a matter of time until the 2 remaining goes dead

Have tried both brands, i installed them so they would turn on when the doors where opened, but its crap quality

Sincerely

Carsten
Denmark

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage LX, 2008 Hyundai Veracruz LTD
26 Posts
Just ordered these OEM from Korea, Sportage, not Sportage "R" (which doesn't exist in the US to my knowledge) more expensive, but OEM, no lights, but who needs 'em

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
EDIT - Good link, nice looking product, good price.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage LX, 2008 Hyundai Veracruz LTD
26 Posts
Take a look at these and the other stuff he's selling, OEM Hyundai part numbers, some packaging written in Korean. Gut feeling is they're genuine or I wouldn't have bought them. There's a lot of aftermarket Chinese crap out there, i.e. the LED scuff plates. My wife's Hyundai Veracruz LTD has genuine came-with-the-car lighted scuffs, not really impressed.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
I guess my bigger problem is that you are a Jersey driver. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts