Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
RIO5 SX Brenthon
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what kind of bulb type ours cars have?
In the manual it just say festoon or w10w.
There are different sizes of festoon and what is w10w?
I'm asking because it's much cheaper to get on eBay individually
than other places. Thanks.

Map light - ??? Specific size?

Dome Light - ??? Size?

Trunk- ???

License plate - ????

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5dr EX
39 Posts
Its been my experience that a lot of Rio's are different. You can go by the manual or KGIS website but I suggest you go and pull your bulbs to make sure bc I've seen the books be wrong once I pulled to light out. For instance the head light low beam, KGIS and manual say H7 and its actually H11b...

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2012 Sedan 1.4 EX
30 Posts
I got this installed by my self..... I just can tell that ..... looks awesome and the people goes WOW when they see this turned on!

·
Registered
RIO5 SX Brenthon
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
I don't know. I've not been in the office all week. It could be there waiting for me. I'll let you know as soon as they come in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lights have arrived!

I just received my lights today. I'll install later tonight. I will take pictures of before and after. I will be removing current LED lights I had installed over stock lights. So, the comparison will be from LED to these lights.

·
Registered
2003 Rio and 2002 Sante Fe
21 Posts
Does anyone know of a less expensive place to get dash lights. The dealer wants to charge me $11 each and I have 2 burned out. Seems like they should be wearing a mask when I come in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here we go. I took a few but this one by itself tells the story. The picture has only been cropped but is otherwise unedited. No flash was used for the picture. So, WYSIWYG. My wife says that it looks like a freaking spaceship! :lol:

@flem, yes it fits perfectly. 100%. Funny, the writing on it indicates that these are for a the Kia Soul. But definitely fit the Rio perfectly. Huge difference from plain LEDs and humongous difference over stock lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia Rio SX Navi 2013
109 Posts
@Tony Flags Thank you for the picture, even I don't have my car (i don't even got a delivery date) I will order these lights. Did you chage other lamp on your car? If so, do you have exact model, I look at the US guide and for the license plate the bulb type is W5W, is that OK ? Thank you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts