Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 KIA Rio LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any good LED back up/brake lights that are compatible with the 2013 KIA Rio Sedan?

Since I got really dark tint for my back window I need a really bright back up light so I can see stuff. Would this brake light work?
Pure White 68 SMD LED Parking City Light Bulbs T10 1252 158 2521 927 585 447 09 | eBay

And would this brake light work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-Amber-1157-Bay15d-42x-SMD-LED-Stop-Brake-Tail-Light-Bulbs-2057-2357-2357A-/370744808613?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Kia|Model:Rio&hash=item56521cd4a5&vxp=mtr

I also found this neat little dome light that would be an awesome replacement for my KIA. :D

LED Interior Map Dome Light Module for 2012 2013 Kia Rio RIO5 Sedan Hatchback | eBay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone know any good LED back up/brake lights that are compatible with the 2013 KIA Rio Sedan?

Since I got really dark tint for my back window I need a really bright back up light so I can see stuff. Would this brake light work?
Pure White 68 SMD LED Parking City Light Bulbs T10 1252 158 2521 927 585 447 09 | eBay

And would this brake light work?
2pc Amber 1157 BAY15D 42X SMD LED Stop Brake Tail Light Bulbs 2057 2357 2357A | eBay

I also found this neat little dome light that would be an awesome replacement for my KIA. :D

LED Interior Map Dome Light Module for 2012 2013 Kia Rio RIO5 Sedan Hatchback | eBay
Hi.... Same exact problem. Dark tint and I can't see anything at night while trying to back up. Must be something that will shed some light on the curb?

·
Registered
2013 KIA Rio LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the backup light cover is made to spread the light very wide and not give much of seeing behind you but letting other people see you backing up.. it scatters the light more then direct the light.
Friend has a truck that has a back up light with the force of a thousand suns and you can see through his dark rear tint. That's pretty much what I want for my car. :)

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
exLED Interior LED Lamp Module for All New Pride (2011~) these interiors cost more, but includes the ones on ebay AND vanity mirrors, license plate lights and glove box. Also comes with a brightness control feature so you can make it brighter/darker to your liking before you put the cover back on.

For reverse, try not to get a regular LED...at least something that's 6W. Otherwise you won't be able to see anything. It's more expensive, but you'll be able to see.

·
Registered
2013 KIA Rio LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well what does he have?
Unfortunately he moved to another state and haven't talked to him in quite a while, hooah?

exLED Interior LED Lamp Module for All New Pride (2011~) these interiors cost more, but includes the ones on ebay AND vanity mirrors, license plate lights and glove box. Also comes with a brightness control feature so you can make it brighter/darker to your liking before you put the cover back on.

For reverse, try not to get a regular LED...at least something that's 6W. Otherwise you won't be able to see anything. It's more expensive, but you'll be able to see.
Awesome! Thanks for the input. ^_^

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 Eco with ISG
4 Posts
Be careful with the color of license plate lights. In many states it is illegal to have license plate lights in any color other than white.

I know from experience. After being stopped by state police in every state from Michigan, ohio, indiana, illinois and Iowa on the same day coming home from christmas, I changed my license plate lights back to bright white..

·
Registered
2013 KIA Rio LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to the manual, 2013 4 door back up lamp specs:

Wattage: 16W
Bulb Type: W16W

So will something like this work?
2pcs T10 T15 High Power 9W SMD LED Back Up Backup Reverse Light Bulb Lamp | eBay

Or this? (Since the last one said it's compatible with T10 and W16W)
2 x 921 T15 T10 194 168 with 68 SMD LED Light Bulbs Back Up Reverse LED White | eBay

I don't know anything about vehicle lights and connection types.

Be careful with the color of license plate lights. In many states it is illegal to have license plate lights in any color other than white.

I know from experience. After being stopped by state police in every state from Michigan, ohio, indiana, illinois and Iowa on the same day coming home from christmas, I changed my license plate lights back to bright white..
Haha oh wow. I wont get a crazy color then. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts