Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok 11 months and only 7000k on the clock. I noticed that the driver side front seat is showing a tear in the material just behind the lower height adjusting lever cover.
Anyone else noticed this. I have talked to a couple of Sportage owners and they also found the same problem. It seems it is a common one.
I notified the local agent where they said they would be ordering new seat leather. It seems that they would not be changing the whole seat but the leather only. We will see.
I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
Hi Censu. It is a common problem and its due to the design of the seat. There is a sharp edge that will over time work itself through the leather. Its not leather,but it doesn't matter.
In order to fix this properly,they also need to install a piece of plastic to cover that sharp edge. There is a local TSB for this issue. Will try to get some pictures here for you to see what am i talking about.
Without that plastic thingy it s gonna happen again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX (Black Cherry), 2012 Piaggio Fly 50 4v (Midnight Blue)
52 Posts
Hi Censu. It is a common problem and its due to the design of the seat. There is a sharp edge that will over time work itself through the leather. Its not leather,but it doesn't matter.
In order to fix this properly,they also need to install a piece of plastic to cover that sharp edge. There is a local TSB for this issue. Will try to get some pictures here for you to see what am i talking about.
Was this fixed for the 2012 model year?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slovakia thanks for the tip. i will be going to the dealer when the part arrive and will let them know about it if they are not aware already. thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i said i will keep you informed. I took the car in for the seat to be fixed. I told the dealer about adding a rubber strip to the seat i am not sure they added it but they told me that KIA added reinforcement to the new leather where it will touch the metal. Hope they have fixed the problem.
They also said they have some update to fix the sunroof as i was hearing wind on high speeds though gladly it never leaked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts