Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Spectra5
5 Posts
ElantraGTForum.com - The Largest 2017+ Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Forum And Community!

Okay so my sis just bought a 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT and she hates the leather seats. I, on this other hand am lacking in that department with my 2007 Spectra5 and wanted to know if it was possible to exchange the seats?

Both have the airbags in the seats (SRS I think) and I wasn't sure if they fit or if the airbags are even compatible. Has anyone done this type of swap or does anyone know if this is a possibility? I would only do the swap if I knew that the airbags were still functional.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'06 SPECTRA
155 Posts
Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the airbags in the pillars not the seats? I know there is a sensor for the passenger side airbags in the passenger seat on my 06 Spec, but I thought the actual bags were in the pillars.

That being said, you can make any seats fit it just depends on how involved you want to get. It would probably just mean grabbing seats, wiring and the seat rails but I'd check that the connectors match up first too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts