Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys know where i can get leather cover seats for my lx?
or would it be cheaper to get it from the dealer or get some1 to reupholster it?

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Chances are they would be pretty expensive though a dealer. I have not ever come across seats for a Sorento.

·
Registered
10 Posts
dealers outsource to local companies that do automotive upholstery. Go direct to the reapholster and you will save the dealer markup. Choose one that specializes in multiple types of leather and styles. this is something that you would want to do in person.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure if you mean seat covers to cover your leather seats or cos you mention reapholster you have a damaged seat? If it's any help, when I had my Sorento delivered the rear seats were ripped/slashed.....crazy but true ! The "leather" bit of the seats is seperate from the actual seat bit, ie. they are covers. I was in the dealers and watched them change mine. They zip off and on. Not sure about front seats, though would imagine they're the same??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry about the mix up. i have cloth seats not leather, i am not liking the feel anymore of it and would prefer leather.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the ones that I am buying are not covers. The seats are removed and the fabric is cut off. The leather stiched seats are then afixed to the old cusions and frame. My cost was approx.$1500.00usd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where in phoenix are u getting it done? thats where ill be. is that every thing including door panels w/ cloth part and such?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts