Kia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Cee'd 2 - 124BHP 1.6petrol
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Well I should have posted this a week ago but I have just been too busy...

Last week I was at work and it was absolutely HEAVING it down, at the end of the day I went out to the car, and as I got in the drivers side, I saw that there was a puddle on the drivers side foot plate door guard!!! I couldnt do any checks as it was raining so couldnt work out where it had come from.

A few days later it chucked it down again, this time it was dry when I went out, and again, there was another pile of water on the footplate (pictures stuck on my phone but will be loaded as soon as I get back from my hols!)

Basically, the seal on the drivers side door, at the point just behind the wingmirror seems a bit loose and flappy. The water seems to be going down there and to the bottom of the door, where it seems there is a little outlet channel which was absolutely drowned and still peeing water.

I presume that this is a design to maintain the water flow should it be necessary, but surely the seal should not be gone like this...?

Do you think it would be a warranty repair?

James

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Jeebow; I have exactly the same issue. It doesn't get into the car at all just sits atop the centre flat part of the drivers door sill, and only when it's been tipping down.

Cheers for the link damjanev, worth calling local dealer to ask if there's a TSB on our cars.

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
I have noticed (today!) that the door frame seal driver side has a worn slit in it. The car is only 12 months old (10,500miles) and I am concerned that this has happened so soon. By chanch the car is going in for it's first service tomorrow and this will certainly be on the list. The wear is at shoulder height and I suspect it is cause by being rubbed getting in and out of the car... It does not boad well for the quality of the rubber used. :(

·
Registered
863 Posts
With luck they'll replace that for you tomorrow mate. At least it should be a stock item :)

ps: Is it really a year since you joined us? Time is flying by at an alarming rate indeed.

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
With luck they'll replace that for you tomorrow mate. At least it should be a stock item :)

ps: Is it really a year since you joined us? Time is flying by at an alarming rate indeed.
Yes, it's a year!! Doesn't time fly when your enjoying yourself. :rolleyes:

Door seal replaced and also outside temperature sensor (all on warranty). First service cost me only £106. I remember when I lived "down south" (Sussex), I felt lucky if a service cost less than £200 and that was five years ago! I guess it's one of the few beneifits of living in Lincolnshire, which Guy Gibbson of Dambusters fame once described as "Siberia with grass". :lol:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Siberia with grass! Brilliant :)
Yup think my pro's 1st service was £195, that was at Maidstone KIA. Quoted up to £255 at 2 other local'ish dealerships, that's taking the pee.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Door seal replaced and also outside temperature sensor (all on warranty).
Why sound surprised. That's exactly what a warranty is supposed to do.

Unfortunately there appears to be a load of numpty dealers out there who fail to understand the concept of customer satisfaction and the phrase "bumper to bumper". Most of the problem garages appear to be those that tagged a Kia dealership onto a well established main stream brand during scrappage. Renault/Ford appear to be the worst, plenty of posts suggesting that they apply the wrong service requirements and refuse warranty work.

Go to a small well established independant Kia dealer, they need to keep customers happy to stay in business whereas the big multis dont give a monkeys.

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Why sound surprised. That's exactly what a warranty is supposed to do.

Unfortunately there appears to be a load of numpty dealers out there who fail to understand the concept of customer satisfaction and the phrase "bumper to bumper". Most of the problem garages appear to be those that tagged a Kia dealership onto a well established main stream brand during scrappage. Renault/Ford appear to be the worst, plenty of posts suggesting that they apply the wrong service requirements and refuse warranty work.

Go to a small well established independant Kia dealer, they need to keep customers happy to stay in business whereas the big multis dont give a monkeys.

Well blow me down, I would never have thought of that! :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Well I was trying to be helpfull but if you feel the need to be sarcastic then that is your perogative.

With so many numpties on forums you do wonder why you bother.

Sorry, I was only jokeing :crying:

On reflection it was in bad taste, sorry again.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Cee'd 2 - 124BHP 1.6petrol
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ummm - awkward moment...

as for the suggestions, I was looking to take it to a dealer at some point, its no major hurry, but it will be nice to see it resolved as and when. I might give maidstone kia a call and see if they are aware of this as a problem, and perhaps look to get it resolved...

thanks for the link to ceedonline, however that seems to refer to the rubber on the bottom of the sill, as opposed to the rubber seals around the shape of the door?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well I was trying to be helpfull but if you feel the need to be sarcastic then that is your perogative.
I'm sure no offence was intended seven, RTF is a good guy and has been with us a year or so.

You're completely right on the dealer thing mate. We often find what's "covered under warranty" can alter dramatically from place to place, so it's good to have a reference of what gets through & what gets pulled up.
Changing to a better dealer makes all the difference, but they're not always very local, sadly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts