Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! Hoping KIA-Korea could explain why the long wait lead time for Manila deliveries . Thanks ! Merry Christmas to all ! :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
This forum is not affilated with any dealers nor Kia itself. So an official explanation about delivery time you can't get here.
But what you can get is good advice and a friendly chat. So please stick around :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello everyone,

just wanted to vent out my frustration over the SIGNET dealership here in manila.

my wife and i were so pleased with the picanto that we were eager to get one as our daily commuter car...then there's the dealership

although we've located 4 dealers so far may i caution you in dealing with the guys at las piñas and mandaluyong....marikina seems[?] ok.

granted that they cannot even quote the arrival sched and quantity of the units, they're so indifferent to the customer....where else could you hear the lines "...e di kung ayaw nyo e di dun na lang kayo sa iba [if you dont want it go to another dealer]..." that response coming from a senior sales agent when we were asking why the philippine version didnt come with the standard features compared to the base model for european picantos....

they put up displays at ATC recently and still the same spiel on unit availability.

they promise they'd call for updates and it has been a month and still no word...try to call them and you get the continuous ring and the cell fone turned off info.

they're so confident that a lot are lining up for the model that just recently we asked for updates they just conveniently raised the price tag by P10,000....this while the sales agent is saying "ok lang yun....e ano naman ang 10,000?!" [that's ok...what's 10,000?!]

they sold the "limited eds for 330k and now its 340k for an lx without color-keyed bumpers/side mirrors ordinary rims...i mean, c'mon?! [law of supply and demand for ya]

they dont even consider cash purchases! this is to milk every penny they can get from the purchase [now thats putting the customer first! NOT!] ....sticker price 340k...their financing scheme, well over 400k...

...really frustrated...guess we'll just look to another as the stuck-up senior sales agent bluntly recommended....echo/vios, jazz anyone?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got lucky. I got a good dealer (KIA Batangas). They explained the situation very briefly but concise. I got my car last November after waiting for 2 months. I guess it depends on the dealership...

In case you really get frustated with the KIA dealerships, I suggest you get the Jazz, especially the sports model. But then the price would be almost twice that of a Picanto M/T. But then again, its a more powerful car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by jgotangco@Dec 16 2004, 08:25 PM
I got lucky. I got a good dealer (KIA Batangas). They explained the situation very briefly but concise. I got my car last November after waiting for 2 months. I guess it depends on the dealership...

In case you really get frustated with the KIA dealerships, I suggest you get the Jazz, especially the sports model. But then the price would be almost twice that of a Picanto M/T. But then again, its a more powerful car.

that's great! now you get to enjoy the wonderfully-designed car by chrysler-mitsu-kia picanto....no more dealing with those [email protected]#[email protected]%# neckties ans skirts who dont even know what jewel they're selling. cheers!

·
Registered
47 Posts
i dunno, but the signet las pinas dealer has been very friendly to us.

do you want me to forward this to them so we could clear things up?

dealers really cannot quote the arrival scheds because picanto is in-demand worldwide, i think they do not know how many are allocated in the philippines.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll get mine next week. Without even paying the reservation fee [Oh but I got every issue of Buy and Sell to look for dealers selling Picantos all over the metro]. They got a new dealership along Quirino Ave. Ext. I guess I'm lucky then. And yeah, they raised the tag from 325K to 335K. Fine with me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wats with the limited type? kia sales agents are arrogant maybe first because of stress... secondly is because this is the very forst time kia actually sold out.... anyway, we could communicate where to find the best dealership to buy a picanto and hopefully also a good and accommodating sales agent. this would really help all of us who are waiting a word from dealers who actually dont take every buyer seriously, even treat buyers seriously.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys... ordered mine last oct but until now still didnt arrive and now their implying that the price just went up 30,000 more! that sucks! im beginning to feel like this is becoming a major rip of dont you think? here in Cebu, they just delivered 15 cars since September. Hope to get mine very soon though. ill just inform you guys when i get it. The wait is killin me.. hehe..

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just called my dealer today. they said that they just raised the price of the automatic to 425K. the only inclusion are body-colored bumpers with 14 inch rims. im really dissapointed by this event. im pulling out my reservation fee coz i dont think it's rational for them to increase their price by 50k (from 375k) and add body-colored bumpers only! they said columbian motors issues the memo to raise the price of the car so i guess this is true for all dealers. now im beginning to believe that kia is going down with this move. they're going to lose a lot of customers who have reserved months before for their units only to find out that they have increased that much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:)
Originally posted by jgotangco@Jan 14 2005, 04:10 PM
That's too much already unless may airbags and ABS ang car...

Yes,..I agree, the SRS(Airbags) and ABS( auto brake systems) once adopted in the PICANTO, would compensate for realistic cost increase,but any price increase @50K or more,would not be realisitic for mere bumpers cosmetics, along with plain delay alibi . If thats's the case, one alternative option would be HONDA JAZZ. Lots of Kia Picanto buyers to loose !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by zeglli@Jan 20 2005, 01:29 PM
:)
Yes,..I agree, the SRS(Airbags) and ABS( auto brake systems) once adopted in the PICANTO, would compensate for realistic cost increase,but any price increase @50K or more,would not be realisitic for mere bumpers cosmetics, along with plain delay alibi . If thats's the case, one alternative option would be HONDA JAZZ. Lots of Kia Picanto buyers to loose !
I think the price increase is due to the worldwide shortage of metal... All prices of cars have gone up...

Honda Jass would be nice at first.... then there's the cost of repair for a Honda... Kia repair costs are loose change only. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
HEY EVERyONE! I'M STILL THINKING IF ITS WORTHY TO BUY PICANTO 2005? PLS ADVISE ME SINCE I'M VERY INTERESTED IN BUYING PICANTO INSTEAD OF OTHER BRANDS...

THANKS ALL!!! - YNSKY2001

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by ynsky2001@Feb 17 2005, 03:01 AM
HEY EVERyONE! I'M STILL THINKING IF ITS WORTHY TO BUY PICANTO 2005? PLS ADVISE ME SINCE I'M VERY INTERESTED IN BUYING PICANTO INSTEAD OF OTHER BRANDS...

THANKS ALL!!! - YNSKY2001
if u haven't paid ur reservation fee yet, then u r one lucky customer because if u did or wish to have one, u probably are the 1,00xth in the priority list!!..
Think about that unless u got connections..Thousands out there are waiting for their units to come..ME, i've been waiting 2 months already.Some even have 6 months!..Anyway, good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts