Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a KIA Sportage 2020 EX Model here in the Middle East. The language on both the entertainment screen and Cluster display were in arabic. I was able to change the language of the central entertainment screen easily, but the cluster display did not work. I checked some videos online but the actual option of changing the language is not available on the cluster. I went to the main service and maintenance center of KIA and they simply told me it is not possible cause the dealer ordered the car in arabic and they cannot do anything about it.... Is there anything I can do? I do not understand arabic and that cluster display is pissing the hell out of me haha it is so annoying.... PLEASSEEE SEND HELP!

·
Registered
2013 LX & 2020 EX KIA Sportages
105 Posts
I took our 2020 KIA Sportage in this morning, 12/12, to have remote start put in at the dealer. I screen shot your question and asked the service manager. He said you will probably have to have the dealer flash the I think he said BCM ? In the US our car can get English & Spanish. If I wanted Arabic they would have to download the language program from KIA and add it to the cars computer.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took our 2020 KIA Sportage in this morning, 12/12, to have remote start put in at the dealer. I screen shot your question and asked the service manager. He said you will probably have to have the dealer flash the I think he said BCM ? In the US our car can get English & Spanish. If I wanted Arabic they would have to download the language program from KIA and add it to the cars computer.
Thank you so much! That is so kind of you. I will return back to the service centre with this reply to see if they can do that. It seems like they are in-experienced over here.... sigh

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, saw Korean to English.

Have you tried looking up Arabic for “language” on Google and look for it that way? Since English is so widely used, you’d think it would be an available option in most countries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts