Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do to launder your cleaning towels etc.
l seem to go through a lot of buffing towels etc when washing, waxing and detailing.
Now how do you launder those items....not with the wife lingerie obviously but what detergent should we be using? So as to rid the fabrics of waxes etc??

·
Registered
254 Posts
The micro mitts and towels go in a separate laundry load that is set for normal with the addition of steam. No conditioner in the washer and no dryer sheets in the dryer. I do put the washer spin cycle on high to get the mitts as dry as possible before heading to the dryer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My wife washes all my cleaning cloths for me seperatly from any other laundry and uses Tide also. I don't believe she uses any type of fabric softener; especially with microfiber cloths.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use Tide for all my micro fiber towels and mico fiber applicators, i add in a 1/2 cup of Lestoil, it cuts through any waxes and or oils. Its an old fashion product that just pain works, I work in the Natural Gas industry and tend to get grease and other petroleum products on my Carhart jeans..pre spot with Lestiol, and the look brand new

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use the mildest laundry soap that is usually used to wash baby cloths. I also soak the fabric into a luke warm water and white vinegar.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use Dreft (baby detergent), hot water, extra rinse, and no fabric softener ever. This was per my Meguiar's detailing course I took when I became sponsored by them. This is the same for foam applicator pads, and waxing materials. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts