Kia Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,655 Posts
I just downloaded the recent update and all I can say is it's crap! I lost all of my navigation, even with the original SD card reinserted and now my interface has neon purple icons.
from what I read, It sounds like I can't revert back to the old interface, which sucks, but how do I get my maps back? Yes, I use android auto, but I travel in areas without cell service it and doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
It sure looks like the SD card is not installed properly or the installation did not start/complete. Did you go through the update or just insert the card? It takes about half an hour to complete the update and you should have your car running all of that time.... If it didn't take all of that time, you didn't read the instructions on the update....

·
Registered
2019 Sportage SX AWD
5 Posts
Thanks for the quick response I appreciate it! I went through and completed the whole update process. I'm guessing there was a issue with one of the files downloading to the SD card. I wiped the SD card and started from scratch and now the maps work. A couple of things I noticed from the update, besides the purple icons, is that it changed some of my voice commands for the worse or they don't work at all on Android Auto and changed it what the mode button on the steering wheel does, none of it can be fixed in the settings. At least got back what I needed.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,655 Posts
Thanks for the quick response I appreciate it! I went through and completed the whole update process. I'm guessing there was a issue with one of the files downloading to the SD card. I wiped the SD card and started from scratch and now the maps work. A couple of things I noticed from the update, besides the purple icons, is that it changed some of my voice commands for the worse or they don't work at all on Android Auto and changed it what the mode button on the steering wheel does, none of it can be fixed in the settings. At least got back what I needed.
Again, read the instructions carefully. Voice commands work well with Android Auto. Make sure you don't press the voice button too long. There is a short press and a long press on that button. Can't help you with the purple icons unless I was in front of your unit. I know people don't like to read the manual, but you can learn a lot from it if you spend just a very little time.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts