Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to add a radio station preset. Fortunately all my existing ones transferred with the update.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tune to the station you want to set and hold the button where you want it.

That screen looks familiar (of course I saw and used it in the last rev of software). Have not found how to bring it up yet on the new rev.
I'm sure I just need another 10 min of fiddling...

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
471 Posts
That screen looks familiar (of course I saw and used it in the last rev of software). Have not found how to bring it up yet on the new rev.
I'm sure I just need another 10 min of fiddling...
Our new software looks a lot like what came originally on the 2021. A Google of how to do this on the 2021 Sorento mentioned looking for a star icon somewhere:
https://www.reddit.com/r/kia/comments/mtn7u0

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Our new software looks a lot like what came originally on the 2021. A Google of how to do this on the 2021 Sorento mentioned looking for a star icon somewhere:
https://www.reddit.com/r/kia/comments/mtn7u0
The star/asterisk symbol alternates from white to purple as you touch it. Easy to set or release the presets but ONLY for AM and FM. Very intuitive. Works as expected.

One major exception ! -- Here's the deal with SiriusXM:
select a channel any way you want on XM, then hit the asterisk which turns purple (meaning make-this-a-preset) - then the XM reboots then briefly giving you the initializing XM message - check for the new preset and note that it is NOT there. FAIL

Same deal if you have an XM channel you want to remove from preset (hit the purple asterisk to turn it white) but a big difference here: after the reboot/init message the preset is indeed removed as you requested.

Since it is XM specific maybe it is not Kia software at fault. But I really do think it is a Kia issue given it forces a very unnecessary XM reboot/reinit sequence for the presets which clearly XM does not care about.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it just me with the XM preset troubles ? Just my luck !

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As an update: I re-installed the current nixie tube software and the Sirius save buttons now work.
Also I posted a couple weeks ago about the brain dead nav - it works just fine now.
Either I got a bad download done when first available months ago, or they slipped in a working update without changing any rev numbers.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
120 Posts
Weird. I wonder if that explains the paucity of POIs on screen with my nixie tube update in my '19? Gotta get up the energy to re-install to see if that gets fixed. Or just wait until November or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts