Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento Platinum
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I phoned Kia Customer Service to be advised that the latest map software had just been released and is quarter 3 of 2014.
Subsequently had my 30,000km service at Kia and specifically asked for the map update.
They said yea sure we did it.
Looking in the about section of the navigation; still says I have Q32011 maps.

They did however seem to update the software of the Motrex system - the latest software I have is now 8.5.11.321421

Can anybody confirm if they have received the Q3 2014 map update and does it show up in the about section?

Thanks

·
Registered
Kia 2013 Sportage Platinum series 2
2 Posts
Just had the 30,000K service done on my 2013 Sportage Platinum by Werribee Kia.
My wife was told the map software was updated.
Have now checked Software version and it is still v AUSNZ12Q3 and base map 201202.
Will be ringing Kia Aus tomorrow for explanation.
Anybody else not having current updates done during the factory service?

·
Registered
Kia 2013 Sportage Platinum series 2
2 Posts
Yep, just contacted Kia Aus and map software v14Q3 has been available on their portal for about 2 weeks now!
Micheal from Customer Care then transferred me through to Kia Werribee Service, who said they were not aware of the update and no apologies for the oversight. Now I have to book in again and waste more of MY time!!
Minimal customer service only, certainly Kia are not prepared for the big league yet! I am happy with the car, just disappointed with their attention to the valued customer experience.

·
Registered
Nissan X-Trail, Kia Carnival SLi Diesel
6 Posts
I understand your frustration. I have just bought a new Kia Carnival SLi Diesel. Great car and happy so far, but only had it 2 days. My observations are that Kia have really lifted their game over the last 4-5 years but the dealers that sell new Kia motor cars have not. They are franchised businesses and are not owned or managed by Kia.

When I was looking for my new car I was also looking at the Honda Odyssey as well. Walking into a Honda dealership compared to the Kia dealerships was like chalk and cheese. The Honda dealerships were immaculate and well appointed with customer waiting areas decked out with large flat screen TV's and nice furniture to relax in, coffee machines free nibbles such as muffins and petite cakes. I get you end up paying for that but none the less it created a warm atmosphere. The Kia dealerships had no such froth and bubbles and in comparison were somewhat lifeless.

I think over time as the Kia brand goes from strength to strength Kia will enact minimum standards that the dealerships must adhere to, which will force some of the under achieving dealerships to lift their game and invest in their dealerships.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage
9 Posts
Just had the 30,000K service done on my 2013 Sportage Platinum by Werribee Kia.
My wife was told the map software was updated.
Have now checked Software version and it is still v AUSNZ12Q3 and base map 201202.
Will be ringing Kia Aus tomorrow for explanation.
Anybody else not having current updates done during the factory service?
Only had my 2015 Sportage 1 week. Had a good play around with satnav and looked in book to find out about updates. Seems that for the first 2 services maps will be updated free of charge. Not yet due for 1st service (11,500 kms) and I am wondering how you guys know what is current and what is not?

I can see what the current version is so I suppose I will simply check for different version after service but how will I know it is the latest?

·
Registered
Kia Sorento Platinum
2 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2014 Sorento and had some difficulty in getting my nav updated by Kia Australia. The dealer was keen to update my nav but Kia Australia were not helpful.

I eventually sought help from Fair Trading NSW and the job was finally done.

I now have Q3 2014 Australia/New Zealand edition and my motrex is 8.5.11.321421(Aug. 2013).

·
Registered
Sorento Platinum XM 2014
1 Posts
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to confirm the current map version I have in my 2014 (purchased 2015) Sorento. By pressing the Setup button for more than 5 seconds I am getting an info screen which seems to indicate my map is 2013/Q3 -( "Factory Map Version : AUSNZ13Q3"). The dealer insists my map is up to date but I am finding it hard to beleive that an up to date map can be 3 years old!! Is there another way to confirm the map version ? I have written to Kia Australia but haven't received a response. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me what the most up to date version of the map software is. I have contacted KIA dealerships who claim they don't know and l have had no response from KIA Customer Support.
Great car my Sportage MY15 Platinum, but the service provided by dealership and KIA is extremely ordinary.

Even considering pulling out the factory installed Infotainment unit and going for an aftermarket with regular map updates that supports Android Auto

Thanks
Corza77

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone

I finally got an answer out of KIA Australia on Friday 17/2/2107.

The current Mao version is: Q3 2015

Now let's see how difficult it is going to be to get the dealership to actually upgrade it.

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX - Black / Beige
2,011 Posts
I understand your frustration. I have just bought a new Kia Carnival SLi Diesel. Great car and happy so far, but only had it 2 days. My observations are that Kia have really lifted their game over the last 4-5 years but the dealers that sell new Kia motor cars have not. They are franchised businesses and are not owned or managed by Kia.

When I was looking for my new car I was also looking at the Honda Odyssey as well. Walking into a Honda dealership compared to the Kia dealerships was like chalk and cheese. The Honda dealerships were immaculate and well appointed with customer waiting areas decked out with large flat screen TV's and nice furniture to relax in, coffee machines free nibbles such as muffins and petite cakes. I get you end up paying for that but none the less it created a warm atmosphere. The Kia dealerships had no such froth and bubbles and in comparison were somewhat lifeless.

I think over time as the Kia brand goes from strength to strength Kia will enact minimum standards that the dealerships must adhere to, which will force some of the under achieving dealerships to lift their game and invest in their dealerships.
what you describe is the Kia dealerships in the GWN 10 years ago. We now get the "froth and bubbles" as you put it, but their service level and competency has improved by an order of magnitude in those 10 years, so I suspect it will get better.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento GT Line, 2017
17 Posts
I finally got an answer out of KIA Australia on Friday 17/2/2107.

The current Mao version is: Q3 2015
I have attached the version screen of my infotainment system.

Couple of things:

1. Navi App Ver - UM.AU.PRO.INVALID (not sure why it comes as invalid)
2. Map Ver - 9.18.23.640275(N)

Now based on the map version will one know if it is Q3 2015 or Q2 2016, etc?

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia Sportage QL 2016
11 Posts
Map Updates for Kia QL Sportage

Just to let those interested in the sat nav system for Kia QL Sportage, I received this reply from Kia Customer Service following and enquiry as to why new maps were not very new.
"Thank you for your recent email enquiry, Thank you for your recent email enquiry, Unfortunately we have terminated our agreement with our map supplier and we are currently working on a new solution for map updates, at this point of time we will document your details and will contact you when that solution is available."
So we are in for a wait to get the most recent maps for our cars.
I understand the new Sorento has a different map base in line with improving Hyundai/Kia sat nav systems.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2015
3 Posts
Thousands of irate Kia owners will never receive a map update for the satellite navigation in their car.
Many thousands more will finally have access to updates, after waiting up to two years – but they will have to pay for them out of their own pocket.
They are victims of the Korean company’s decision to dump its original navigation provider and move to an in-house system, a decision that kicked in at the beginning of this year.
Join it up.
bit . ly / 2AYky3q

·
Registered
Kia Sportage
9 Posts
Satnav Updates

Thousands of irate Kia owners will never receive a map update for the satellite navigation in their car.
Many thousands more will finally have access to updates, after waiting up to two years – but they will have to pay for them out of their own pocket.
They are victims of the Korean company’s decision to dump its original navigation provider and move to an in-house system, a decision that kicked in at the beginning of this year.
Join it up.
bit . ly / 2AYky3q
I wonder if there is any recourse from Fair Trading? I have a 2014 Sportage and no updates have been done in the first 2 services. Like everyone else I purchased the vehicle with the expectation that the maps would be updated for free the first 2 services. There is something in the consumer laws about a product not performing as it was sold to do. Does this extend to a component of that product?

I wrote to Kia customer care a week ago wanting some answers with no reply so far. I would have thought a week was long enough to spin some line to me.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
595 Posts
@ rambo52 - Good luck and hope you have a good book to read while waiting. Started my campaign nearly 12 months ago (2015 SL Sportage Platinum, with negotiated 4 map upgrades at my discretion at point of sale) and haven't received anything yet. The dealer can't/won't help and keeps blaming Kia; Kia Customer Care(?) were all very courteous at initial enquiries, asking for vehicle and map info, but then it all STOPPED. Emails and phone calls remained unanswered or reasonable explanation unforthcoming. I learnt from this site that there were problems with the relationship between Kia and map provider, and it's gone no further than that.
Anyone able to add to the current situation for Australian maps?

·
Registered
Kia Sportage
9 Posts
I was told by Kia customer care late last year that the contract with the map software supplier (Navteq?) has been terminated and updates may never be done and if they do get another suppler I will have to pay. I would have thought if a new suppler is found that Kia should honour the original committment to give 2 free updates and if not an alternative found such as installing a more current head unit or even a unit with Android auto.

Current mapping is really important to me as we bought this Suv specifically for travelling around Australia.

I feel strongly about this and intend to take it as far as I can. If it doesnt work out I know my next car wont be a Kia given the lack of "customer care".

·
Registered
Kia Sportage QL 2016
11 Posts
Map updates for QL Sportage

I have received the following update from Kia Customer Service re the updating of sat nav maps.

"We have found your case notes, and can see that the person you were receiving correspondence from worked for our old call centre, who we ceased trading with in early December 2017.

We can confirm that there is no sat nav update yet, but the latest news we have is that the update is expected to be released around “end of Jan/beginning of Feb 2018”

We advise that you keep an eye on the KIA Facebook page for regular news updates, and contact your local dealership and ask to be contacted when they have the update available to invite you in.

They will be able to advise if you are eligible for any free map updates etc. "

So not only have they removed the map supplier but also their Customer Service Centre contractor hence the delays in responding and having an answer to the sat nav update problem.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage
9 Posts
Thanks Rustyrooster for sharing the latest news. What is your Sportage model ?

For something so simple I find it frustrating to get clear answers from my local dealer or Kia. My Sportage is a August 2014 build and sold as a 2015 model. Following links from this forum I read that there are now updates available for some 2014 models but not all. Where can I find out if my car is one that can be updated? Kia wont answer my e-mail and I get a sense that if I call either my dealer or Kia I wont be any further enlightened.

So if Tom Tom and not Here Maps are doing the updates how does that abrogate Kia from its promise to give the first 2 updates for free? And why would the dealer tell you if you have a free update instead of Kia taking responsibility?

·
Registered
Kia Sportage QL 2016
11 Posts
Map updates for QL Sportage

My Sportage is a 2016 Platinum 2.4l
I suspect the lack of response to you recently from KIA is part of the reason they have changed Customer Call Centre contractor as of December 2017.
You may need to persist with the calls or the emails via the KIA website.
If KIA are saying the dealer can advise you re the free updates thats because the dealers records should include your purchase and update history which will include eligibility for further free updates. My dealer has generally been on the ball regarding updates eg the Android Auto and Apple Carplay updates which I got notice of after enquiring about availablility.
I am going to give KIA till the end of Feb then I will call my dealer re the map updates and get them to followup and call me about their status.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage
9 Posts
I sent my e-mail from the Kia site on 19 January so should be with new call centre. I received an automated response as follows "Your enquiry is important to us and we will respond to it shortly.
If urgent, please call us on 131 KIA (542)" Yeah right.

I also e-mailed my dealer on Monday and received a phone call on Tuesday morning. The guy said to bring it in and they will check to see what version of the head unit I have. Apparently if I have the Motrex head he can do an update but otherwise he cant. I will take it in but with no confidence an update will be done.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts