Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT2
78 Posts
Yes, I know that. But there should be a simpler way to do that ,like in the Sorento you just push a button to toggle on and off.
If your vehicle has Land driving/keeping assist toggle button on the steering wheel should look something like /O\ with the circle looking like a steering wheel.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Telluride SX-AWD
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That works on the Sorento, but on the Telluride this button, /O\ sets the distance in steps the Telluride keeps from the car in front of you when you have the Cruise controll on.

·
Registered
2020 Telluride SX Prestige
15 Posts
Does anyone know a simple way to turn LFA on and off ???
On the 2020-22 Telluride, note that LFA is only active when smart cruise is engaged. You can tell when it is on with the little steering wheel glyph in the cluster. Green shows it’s actively steering for you, white shows it is on and ready but not actively steering.

One option other than diving into settings would be to turn off smart cruise and just use regular cruise. That would disable LFA.

I’m curious why you would want to easily turn it on and off; it seems like something you would either like to always have when available or just leave off and never use.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you live in a small town you might want to leave active cruise controll on so it will slowdown or stop and start with the car in front of you. But you do not want the LFA on when you slow, stop and go.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Telluride EX Premium FWD
10 Posts
LFA is only on when smart cruise control is on. LKA (Lane Keeping Assist that keeps you from driving on the line and also beeps) is on when the button located on the instrument panel on the left hand side is turned on. You can turn it off by pushing this button. However, it defaults to on when you restart the car (I think).

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
8 Posts
That works on the Sorento, but on the Telluride this button, /O\ sets the distance in steps the Telluride keeps from the car in front of you when you have the Cruise controll on.
It should be a physical button to the left side of the steering wheel. That's where it is in the 2020 Telluride and 2022 Sorento. Did they remove it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It should be a physical button to the left side of the steering wheel. That's where it is in the 2020 Telluride and 2022 Sorento. Did they remove it?
On a Telluride the /O\ button controls the distance you keep from the car in front of you when you have the cruise control on. I found you can turn LFA off in user settings but when you get in a major Highway and turn on the cruise control it will automaticaly turn LFA on even though you turned it off in the user setting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts