Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ceed 1.6crdi 65k miles manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

My wife owns a 2013 Cee'd, 64,000 miles, 1.6crdi with full service history. As of this morning it's lacking low end power. Once you hit 2500 rpm the turbo kicks in. But hills where she'd normally cruise up in 6th she's now having the car struggle and she's needing to drop down the gears for the turbo to boot in to get up the hill. No fault codes present.

Any idea please folks? Thank you

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2013 auto
140 Posts
Greetings all.

My wife owns a 2013 Cee'd, 64,000 miles, 1.6crdi with full service history. As of this morning it's lacking low end power. Once you hit 2500 rpm the turbo kicks in. But hills where she'd normally cruise up in 6th she's now having the car struggle and she's needing to drop down the gears for the turbo to boot in to get up the hill. No fault codes present.

Any idea please folks? Thank you
plugs every 50k ?

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,343 Posts
Being the OP is located in the UK the CRDI would most probably be a DIESEL engine...not utilizing PETROL(gasoline) spark plugs.

To the OP,
Has the fuel filter been replaced at all(your service records should show that). Also there MIGHT be a problem with the pipes connecting the turbo to the intake. You report NO codes, but I'll ask anyway, is the MIL/CEL illuminated at any time when "motoring" down the roadways?

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2013 auto
140 Posts
Being the OP is located in the UK the CRDI would most probably be a DIESEL engine...not utilizing PETROL(gasoline) spark plugs.

To the OP,
Has the fuel filter been replaced at all(your service records should show that). Also there MIGHT be a problem with the pipes connecting the turbo to the intake. You report NO codes, but I'll ask anyway, is the MIL/CEL illuminated at any time when "motoring" down the roadways?
Oh yes glow plugs never go out in the winter,major difference I apologize ><. Always check your ignition system, regardless. Kia's have a high threshold to throw a code for you ignition system. I can always tell it is time to change my plugs before a light comes on, Highly doubt his glow plugs are any different, and its cold in the UK this time of year. Also to OP, like stated above, it could be lack of fuel, however Kia's will throw a code for lean conditions long before rich, so with no code I would error on the ignition side rather then the fuel.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,343 Posts
Oh yes glow plugs never go out in the winter,major difference I apologize ><. Always check your ignition system, regardless. Kia's have a high threshold to throw a code for you ignition system. I can always tell it is time to change my plugs before a light comes on, Highly doubt his glow plugs are any different, and its cold in the UK this time of year. Also to OP, like stated above, it could be lack of fuel, however Kia's will throw a code for lean conditions long before rich, so with no code I would error on the ignition side rather then the fuel.
Do you understand the difference between a Diesel operation and the 4 stroke gas engine operation? Glow plugs are for starting assist, once running they do not make the "spark" for ignition.

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2013 auto
140 Posts
Do you understand the difference between a Diesel operation and the 4 stroke gas engine operation? Glow plugs are for starting assist, once running they do not make the "spark" for ignition.
diesel needs heat and pressure, bad glow plugs can cause all kinds of issues in the winter. Nah man idk anything trying to learn to read good now, have to use voice to text. But the CEL only cares if cat temp is out of spec in regards to running rich, and knock for lean, however if it knocks it will usually just adjust timing to prevent it, robbing you of power, which why the driver can usually tell before it throws a CEL. But here is some relevant info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts