Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, need some info about the new Spectra5 and engine.
If taken care of are these 200,000+ mile engines?
Reason...I'm starting a new job thats going to be about 130+ miles a day. Or some 35,000 miles a year...think these Kia's can take the miles like maybe Toyota?
Thanks for any help as I'm looking to purchase ASAP!

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Not sure about the Spectra5 engine but I do know of kias that have many miles on them. One that come to mind is a Kia Sephia not sure of the year though. It has 270,000 miles on it last I knew. He is on another site. But if ya take good care of it it should last ya a long time.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a 1995 Ford Aspire with 116k miles. It was made by Kia in Korea. It's still running strong but I am looking to replace the car soon, possibly with a Spec5. The Aspire has been very reliable, and although parts are not cheap, the repairs have been because they've been very minor things (i.e., the engine is all original still except for plugs & wires which I replaced once at 90k miles and timing belt at 60k miles).

·
Registered
2004 Kia Spectra
46 Posts
The 2.0 is a great engine... it should be able to last 200+, if maintenence is kept up, and you treat her right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just traded my 2002 Spectra with 100,300 miles on it. The engine seemed okay (one head gasket later), but I was concerned about the automatic transmission holding up. When I had the wheel bearing and spindle replaced the mechanic (not the Kia service department) said there was a whine in 4th gear that concerned him. he commented that Kia's were cheaply made cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts