Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I bought a new Carens not long ago. WIth the price I pay, my expectation for this car was not that high. However, I was surprise to find out one rainy day that there was a loud knocking sound (like motor boat engine) coming from below my car and the gear knob was vibrating. I sent the car to the agent to rectify the problem and they infd me that water somehow goes into the exhaust system and they did some modification to the exhaust pipe. Does anyone of you ever have the same problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same problem. My service agent added a holder on the middle of the exhaust pipe, so far I have tested two times in rainy day, it seems workable. But I am not very sure it is finally solution or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Walter Yang@Dec 21 2004, 05:05 PM
I had the same problem. My service agent added a holder on the middle of the exhaust pipe, so far I have tested two times in rainy day, it seems workable. But I am not very sure it is finally solution or not.
Happened to me when I just received my Carens.

The loud cracking sound is actually coming from the catalytic converter, resulting from water splashing onto the hot surface, thus the sudden shrinking effect causes the loud cracking sound that you feel right under your gear knob.

That's what people @ C&C told me. So to prevent this, they had installed a cover to protect the cat converter from getting sudden heat shocks.

According to them again, this is a known problem on some batches of Carens shipped to SGP. Changing the Cat converter might not solve the problem.

Hope I had shed some light. Call C&C to get yours done

·
Registered
4 Posts
I experienced the same problem to. I thougt it was common for carens, no wonder my cat converter leaking and have been changed twice within a year. Lucky still under warranty and got free replacement. Thank you for the information. I'll cover my cat converter to avoid it happen again in future.
B)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts