Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear suspension on my Ceed has always seemed a bit noisy especially at low speed over slight rough road (like cobblestones). At 20k this was diagnosed as a faulty passenger side shock absorber and this was changed. Made no difference and it slowly got a bit noisier. Well at 60k they (a different dealer) diagnosed both shock absorbers needed changing and this was done under warranty.

Seems to be better now but given that I mainly do motorway mileage 5 shock absorbers so far seems extreme.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Mine did the same thing and they replaced drop links under warranty.
Pretty common failure with cee'ds.

First time I hear it's due to shock absorbers, but I'm not certain from your post above - after the replacement of shock absorbers, does it seem to be better now, or is it really sorted now?

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Had my drop links replaced twice in 40K and it will see if i can get them done again at my next (50k) service as theyre getting noisy again.

Obviously a design fault but ive got a 7yr warranty so what do i care!

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
ive got a 7yr warranty so what do i care!
Exactly. Our old Puma, Mondeo and Focus all needed new bushes but since Mr Fords warranty is only 3 years (if you are lucky) we had to pay for 2 of them. Sold the Mondeo, car had other issues as well of which bushes were the least of its worries.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
I WILL be selling or p/x ing my car before the warranty expires, in all likelyhood to get another Kia if the customer service remains as it is now.

Im very happy with both my car and my dealer and i am waiting to see what the new Pro turbo is like when it arrives and what deals there are but as im only 3 1/2 years into the warranty i will probably wait until near the end of the warranty before i move on to get the full benefit of it.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine did the same thing and they replaced drop links under warranty.
Pretty common failure with cee'ds.

First time I hear it's due to shock absorbers, but I'm not certain from your post above - after the replacement of shock absorbers, does it seem to be better now, or is it really sorted now?
It seem better and I am only relying on the receptionist that they replaced the shock absorbers and not something else as its been too wet and cold to look under the car.

·
Registered
Kia Pro_cee'd 1,4 Lpg
15 Posts
Its not the absorbers that make the noise(though if you changfe them with the new KYB,the noise will be reduced)...Its the rear links but even if you replace them the noise will be back after 4-5K kms...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts