Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2005 2.9 crdi Kia sedona, 1994 1.7d vauxhall astra estate, 1994 2.1tdi Renault espace
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. have a 2005 sedona 2.9 diesel with 140000 miles on the clock. have a knocking noise that's intermittent. it sounds a bit like front left cv joint but its puzzling me because of when it happens. if I'm just driving there is nothing, but it makes this noise when I'm setting off quickly and turning left (not too harshly just quicker than usual) and carries on while accelerating. it doesn't do it if just accelerating in straight line, turning right or anything else. only if I accelerate turning left and while keep accelerating in straight line after. any ideas? thanks

· Registered
2005 2.9 crdi Kia sedona, 1994 1.7d vauxhall astra estate, 1994 2.1tdi Renault espace
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
checked all that all seems ok there is nothing loose, everything looks cared for (came with full fsh) . definately sounds like driveshaft related. gearbox reconditioned 15000 miles ago so doubt its that either. really got me puzzled.

· Registered
Cerato
691 Posts
Does sound like a CV joint, except that the noise should stop once you steer straight. Perhaps just one segment of the CV joint is worn, and it sticks there for a while.

If you can jack the car with the wheel on full lock, you should be able to turn it by hand and feel/hear that it's not turning evenly. Compare with other side. (Engine off, trans in neutral).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.