Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new here.

I have a problem on my 08' Spectra EX w/manual tranny. I am getting a shuddering noise when the clutch is engaged (usually from starting off on a dead stop) and I am also getting a very, very annoying "knock" when in gears 1-3 as the transmission is slowing down the engine.

What have I done? The car has a new clutch, and I also just replaced the front motor mount (my buddy who's a toyota/Honda mechanic, said the front mount looked a little worn.

also, the car only has 90k miles on it.

I would appreciate any input.

thanks!

·
Registered
2008 Rio LX, 2007 Honda Shadow (Bike)
74 Posts
When the clutch was changed did the flywheel get replaced or resurfaced? Not replacing or resurfacing can cause a shudder. Did all the problems start after the clutch replacement?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The flywheel was resurfaced. The problem started after the clutch replacement.

I am fine with noise, as long as two things don't happen:
1) My tranny breaks
2) I have to pay $$$$ to repair a part.

·
Registered
2008 Rio LX, 2007 Honda Shadow (Bike)
74 Posts
The flywheel was resurfaced. The problem started after the clutch replacement.

I am fine with noise, as long as two things don't happen:
1) My tranny breaks
2) I have to pay $$$$ to repair a part.
Since this started right after the clutch replacement I'd have to say whoever did the job screwed something up. Loose bolts, misalignment, ect.. Not knowing exactly whats happened I can't say if it would screw the tranny up or not but I don't think I would chance driving it until the problem is found. If you had a shop do it I would take it back and explain the problem. They would be responsible for fixing it.

·
Registered
2007 Rio5, 2012 Sorento EX-V6
113 Posts
The shuddering could be due to improper break in, or possibly a leaky seal,causing oil on the friction surface. The knock could very well be a worn tranny mount, or engine mount. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts