Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to the Sorento forum so excuse me if I go straight to the point! I own a 2004 Sorento V6 3.5L with an automatic transmission. I hear a BIG KLAK sound (like two metals touching) when I change from REVERSE to DRIVE. It happens everyday and only when shifting from REVERSE to DRIVE. The noise seems to be coming from under the car. If I come from PARK to DRIVE straight away, I don't hear the noise at all. What could be the problem?

Thanks

Carlos

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Im going to ask the most obvious question here...
Are you still rolling when shifting through the gears (from revers to drive and vice versa?)

With an auto you should come to a complete stop before changing through any gears. (1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3d etc.)

Hope your not driving it like a manual, and changing gears while it is still rolling a little....

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. 2011 Kia Rondo EX-L, 2.7L V6, 7 Pass.
84 Posts
I have a similar noise on my 2005 EX 3.5 Auto. Shifting out of Park to either R or D has some resistance and a Clunk noise. Sounds like the shifter linkage?

·
Registered
2005 Sorento & 2009 Borrego
17 Posts
Have you checked the grease fittings on the drive shaft? The one I'm thinking about in particular is the splined one just in front of the rear diff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts