Kia Forum banner

Kind Ceed 3 Knocking Noise when changing Gears

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Tempest501 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I bought a brand new Kia Ceed last December which I love but I have one issue that is annoying the hell out of me and its been in the garage 4 time and they have not been able to fix it.

So the problem I have is when I change gears , it mainly happens in 1,2 and 3 and sometimes just from bringing the clutch up if its sudden. I hear a little knock noise. Also if car is rolling slowly upto 30 mph and I move gear stick from 1 to 2 back and forth you can hear the knock.

First time it went into the garage they said it was a loose driveshaft bolt problem was still there albeit better tho. 2 and 3rd time they said engine mounts which they changed and problem still there last time. On 4th time they could not even find it which is stupid cos I can replicate it every time but they didn't have time for me to show them....

Have spoke to Kia customer service who basically said I will have to wait for issuemtomget worse so is easier to find..., My car has only done 5000 miles.

I want to keep the car as other than this its amazing , so am just trying to find out what's going on. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

See less See more
#8 ·
Hi,

I read your thread but I am not very mechanically mind so am a bit lost on how to do that wheel thing. I don't think it's my wheels. Like I say it seems to be something when I Change gears or release clutch, most noticeabl in 2 and 3 gears. I have noticed when car gets warm it's more noticeable. If I am smooth on changes it's fine but have to be super smooth. Anything normal or harsh bring the knock. Can't believe I have this in a car less than 5k. Awesome car otherwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.