Kia Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
No thats not what we are saying. we are saying all cars included not just the kias and sometimes it takes longer than 2 years and sometimes depending where you live and conditions maybe less than 2. Not every paint job is gonna be perfect. How many things can you say are perfect all the time every time with no errors?????
Hell i was at the dealer and a guy bought a bmw from them. he had it 1 year and paint cracked on hood... moral nothings perfect sometimes there are errors.
there would be a lot of jobs lost if everything was perfect.... and boring for that matter! In my case sometimes I like things in error so i can fix them.

agreed plus the only people on forums apart from enthusiasts will be people complaining looking for advise. If my sedona was still perfect I would never have had coming looking for advise / comparisons... but you do see some similarities.. it is just unfortunate I have a car with more than a couple of minor problems.

Chipped and cracked wiper arms fall under the "normal wear and tear" category and wouldn't normally be covered under warranty. Just like if you get a rock chip on your hood. S**t happens.

I also have a $30K Mitsubishi in addition to an '03 Sorento and a Chevy truck. At 10K miles, the paint (body) lifts when a bird craps on it. Mitsubishi says this is "normal wear and tear" and "happens to every car".

They didn't like it when I told them that my Kia didn't have this problem.

At 12K miles, my steering rack leaked and needed to be replaced. This was covered, but the alignment was not done properly and $500 in front tires were ruined. Not covered.

At 36500 miles (500 miles out of warranty) the heater core started leaking onto the ECM. Heater core - Not covered. Damaged ECU - Not covered.

Again, they didn't like it when I told them my Kia didn't have this problem.

A guy goes into Discount tire every 3 months to buy a full set of tires for a Ferarri Modena that he only drives on the weekend. This happened for a year. One day he comes in with a Vette needing a full set of tires. My brother, Discount employee, asks where the Ferrari is. The guy said that he had so many problems with it (transmission, and electrical problems) that he had to get rid of it.

Moral of the story, it doesn't matter how much money you spend on a car, they're all going to have problems.

Dodge is recalling most SUVs for the ball joints breaking.

Ford recalled most Explorers because tires kept blowing out.

Chevy is recalling most newer trucks because light bulbs go out prematurely.

Kia is just like every other car manufacturer.

the only problem kia have is they have not been around long enough like Ford, VW, Merc, BMW, Vauxhall / Opel, Renault, Citreon to prove their value in the european market. I think sedonas are supposed to be the best people carrier around at about £5000 cheaper than equivalent people carriers from ford, renault etc..

Depends on how you look at their "age". Kia has been making Korean military vehicles for 30 years, so they aren't completely new to the game.

Hyundai owns Kia now, so there's even more experience under their belt. The model year after Hyundai took over things started improving drastically. Even little things on the existing models (Sephia and Sportage at the time) started showing up, and those models were around for years before that with almost no quality improvements. The Optima, first new car since the takeover, showed that things were really turning around.

Now Kia offers the 100K warranty. Honda and Mitsubishi won't even touch that.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.