Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all pretty much know about it. Those damn Koreans hiding there code from our pesky little fingers.

But is it worth it to upgrade to an aftermarket ECU, or work with what you got?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If you are going to turbo up or build an asphalt scorching KIA motor, then you will have to go with an aftermarket engine management unit. The megasquirt unit seems to be a popular choice. For a stock daily driver, there would be not much to gain for a lot of money. Horsepower aint cheap!>:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just n/a, so an aftermarket ecu would be pointless? I was looking for something to change rpm range mostly. And hell yeah that's true -____-; Just gonna keep it simple with mine, trying to bring it up to at least 200+ hp. Lets see how well I do :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just drill extra holes in the mandifold and put in extra feul injecters. More fuel= more hp. You will need a hotter spark plug tho so it will detinate the extra fuel

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You should mosey on over to Streetkiaz.com. A great KIA performance site with a lot of info. Do yourself a favor and check it out.
P.S. Please do not drill extra holes in your manifold.:blink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill probably check it out, I have mostly performance questions and a lot of people here seem to like talking about run-of-the mill stuff.

I still plan on keeping you guys updated with my car though. Its a sight your going to want to see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was also wondering about this. I have a 2011 Kia Soul Base model, and the fact that there are so many performance robbing governors on it is driving me crazy. Topping out at 105-109 is making me want to rip my hair out. I have a friend who says he has a friend who has figured out how to take the rev limiter and speed governor off of them. Is this true?

·
Super Moderator
6,838 Posts
The rev limiter and speed governor is actually part of the ECM's programing...
so....
A friend of a friend's statement is NOT true...

Unless you have been able to crack the encryption for KIA's ECMs you will have to replace the OEM with an external engine control unit with "open" programming...
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Boosting my sephia cant find manifold heard a mazda miata or protege would work any thoughts?
An easy way to check is by looking at both exhaust gaskets to see in exhaust ports are close and if all manifold studs are the same..... next question is space and fitting it to your front pipe

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
Kia Racing
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing