Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my daughter recently purchased a 1997 kia sportage and she needs at least an owners manual since i always repair all our family cars myself but we r finding it very difficult to even buy one could anyone help us in that area

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,117 Posts

·
Registered
Kia spectra 5, Hyundai Santa Fe, Pontiac Fiero GT
12 Posts
I have the owners manuals for a 97 kia sportage. If you want them, I can scan them for you and put them in a PDF file for you. There are maybe 4 books! Just let me know, and I will be glad to help you out. Everyone here always helps me out, and I am more than happy to help out someone as well. Let me know at:
[email protected]

PS.. do not buy them from ebay. You will not get what you think you are getting! :haha:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by hightower@Feb 17 2005, 06:06 PM
Be careful of E-Bay I lost some money to an unscrewpulus dealer.
hi i would like acopy of the manuals although dom you think the wsopmanual would differ much for my kia 1999 sportage as far as i know the tail gate mechanism had changed and the front grill, my email is [email protected] thankyou

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi ihaven't recieved my promised one {manual } yet and it it looks like mr stan is not going to send it but i promiss u as soon as i recieve one i'll send a copy to you
:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Mrstan,

can you make me a copy of the 1997 Kia sportage parts & catalog, let me know how much would it cost and I will send you a money order. I'm in San Juan, Puerto Rico and I've been all over the Islan looking for the catalog.

Thanks

MATRUCO

·
Registered
Kia spectra 5, Hyundai Santa Fe, Pontiac Fiero GT
12 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have been threatened if I send anyone a copy of the user manual due to copyright issues. Sorry about that guys. I guess someone in Kia is watching the boards here.
I saw three on ebay though in printed form.
Again sorry to get your hopes up so high.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Legitimate copies of the shop manual for U.S./Canadian Sportage USED to be available at http://www.helminc.com. But alas, they are no longer offered.

The Kiatechinfo site was also a good source for partial shop manual info and full electrical manual data. That is, it WAS a good source until Kia decided to make a buck and charge for use of the site.

So Mr Kia rep watching the site. Why aren't shop manuals available thru Helm anymore? And why do you guys feel the need to charge your Kia customers to get service info at your website? That 10 year/100K mile warranty is pretty expensive, isn't it? Well....there's an easy fix for that. Build a better quality vehicle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts