Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Kia Rio . 3400 Kilometres

Yesterday my car's COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR came on about 30 minutes after my AC stopped working. Luckily i was on the same street as my dealer so i just pulled up and dropped it off.
My service department said they should just be able to replace the fan and it should be all good today so I didn't bother asking for a rental since I didn't need to leave today.
I just got a call saying kia Canada has no more of these parts lol. He said they're on backorder and that he can get me a car rental for tomorrow. I obviously agreed with that.
He called me back 20 minutes later saying he talked with two different car rental agencies and one has no availability but the other might have availability in the morning so he was going to call them again at 8 am.

I just wanted to comment that I think this is great customer service. In the Kia Canada warranty it says they do not need to pay for any expenses for alternate transportation while a vehicle is being serviced. So i'm very happy my very small dealership goes to such an extent to find me a rental vehicle.

I read VERY many negative threads about Kia dealers not providing a vehicle (because the warranty doesn't require them to) so i'm lucky my little dealership is one of the dealers that flips the bill for rentals.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,964 Posts
Yes a little customer goes a long way it makes a customer for life and there are a few negative threads but attitude has a lot to do what a dealer will do for you and a demanding attitude will get you nowhere and you might mention the dealer so others will know.

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
Are they setting it up for you or are they paying for it? Technically they're not providing one, it's the rental agency that would be providing you one if you still have to pay.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming they are paying for it . If it was me paying for it they would have probably just told me to get a rental and keep my receipts. Or if it was me paying for it they would have asked me what type of vehicle i wanted. Since they didn't ask that i'm assuming they are paying for it (and getting the cheapest rental they can)

I'll update once I have it and let you all know the protocol i followed

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
I had the same issue last year and from what I understood Kia USA agrees to provide a rental car as a part of the warranty if they are not able to fix the issue within 24 hours... I might be mistaken though.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still can't verify they are paying for the rental and what rental i am getting. I got a loaner vehicle from them today since theirs was dropped off. 2007 Spectra that has an RUINED interior lol. But it runs fine and that's all that matters really.

All that was required from me was my license and proof of my own insurance. Paperwork was done fast. If anyone else was going to drive the loaner vehicle they would have had to be there to provide their license and signature as well.

They said a rental should be available today at 11am and I never got a call of that. I think they are trying to keep me in a loaner vehicle as much as possible to cut down on rental costs .

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i can't confirm about the other countries but this is how Kia Canada does it. They would not cover an SUV or large vehicle like that but they covered a full sized sedan for me. They arranged the rental to their dealership account. I just had to show up and have a license and that was it.
The dealership said Kia only set up the rental to last until monday but that I am just keeping the car until my rio is fixed and the rental place will just communicate with Kia to extend the rental.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i'm curious why the Warranty states that they are not responsible for transportation expenses such as rentals when their actions are normally to provide you with a rental.

That must just be stated for worst case scenarios incase they cannot find you a rental vehicle.... or for small dealerships that don't have the substantial profit to accomodate rentals. As I said before i'm surprised mine covered the rental because mine only has a 2 car garage, 2 salesman, 1 accountant , and thats it lol. Kia Canada has not spent any money trying to upgrade my Kia dealership because our salesman offices don't even have computers lol

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
I don't think the dealer has to cover for it. I'd say that in your case Kia Canada has to come up with the rental cost just as it does for the repair.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think the dealer has to cover for it. I'd say that in your case Kia Canada has to come up with the rental cost just as it does for the repair.
yes I thought of that too , you might be right .... But then once i read the warranty in detail and saw that it said they are not responsible for them, and then reading through countless forum threads where people said they were not provided with a rental. Those two things lead me to think that it's dealer dependant. If Kia USA , and Kia Canada were always paying for the rentals, I VERY VERY much doubt that a dealership would not arrange a rental for all their serviced customers right ?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe one time if My service manager is in a great mood I'll just upfront ask him if they pay for rentals themselves or if Kia Canada pays for them. Not sure if he's allowed to say but maybe he is :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts