Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Cadenza
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2018 Cadenza in mid-January of this year. I went back and forth with the salesman and told him what I would buy it for. I had done my homework. The salesman and I arrived at a satisfactory number. The only incentive I received was 0% for 66 months. Fast forward to this week, nearly three months after the purchase. I received a phone call from the dealer asking me to come in and work something out with them:eek:. They claim I received both a rebate and the financing. I could only receive one, not both. That was news to me. A rebate was never mentioned prior to this. It was a $5000 error that he admitted was his mistake. I told him that I would not be coming in to "work something out". Again this is happening 3 months after the purchase and after two car payments made. Just another reason to dislike car salesmen and dealerships.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,972 Posts
I think the dealer is in a bind and a signed contract is binding and somebody at the dealership will be fired.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,972 Posts
You can count on this! LOL
Mark great to hear from you i hope all is well with you and family. I think a few people will be fired sales mgr , finance mgr , somebody from the business office i think the dealer will have to take it in the shorts. The loan has already funded and kwas156 got a sweet deal but people will lose there jobs.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
208 Posts
Your Headline is "Kia Wants to Rewrite the Contract". Why ate you blaming KIA? It is the dealer that is requesting this, so you should name the dealer & not KIA.:(

·
Registered
2018 Cadenza
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your Headline is "Kia Wants to Rewrite the Contract". Why ate you blaming KIA? It is the dealer that is requesting this, so you should name the dealer & not KIA.:(
I'm blaming Kia because it is a KIA dealership. At this time I will NOT be naming the specific dealership. I'm sure that they have more pleased customers than unhappy. They screwed up my deal and now they have to suffer the consequences. Why trash them? If you really need to know the name of the dealership, PM me.:)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,972 Posts
I'm blaming Kia because it is a KIA dealership. At this time I will NOT be naming the specific dealership. I'm sure that they have more pleased customers than unhappy. They screwed up my deal and now they have to suffer the consequences. Why trash them? If you really need to know the name of the dealership, PM me.:)[/QUOTE

Kia had nothing to do with your contact being screwed up it was the dealer and the dealers are independently owned and you got the $5000 rebate and 0% interest so be happy with what you got along with getting a few people fired that should make you feel great! so whats your beef you screwed them.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,958 Posts
That dealership wouldn't be getting anything back from me.

I think @kwas156 is taking a level headed approach by not smearing the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,972 Posts
That dealership wouldn't be getting anything back from me.

I think @kwas156 is taking a level headed approach by not smearing the dealership.
BUT he sure was trying to smear KIA thats a real level headed approach !!!

QUOTE'm blaming Kia because it is a KIA dealership. At this time I will NOT be naming the specific dealership. I'm sure that they have more pleased customers than unhappy. They screwed up my deal and now they have to suffer the consequences. Why trash them? If you really need to know the name of the dealership, PM me.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
294 Posts
It will be interesting to see how this finishes up.
Car dealers own the local and state governments due to sales taxes and bargains offered to important people.

You might want to read up on the antics of long time dealer with many stores: Bill Heard.
Finally put out of business after many years.

Changing contracts was something they did often. They were also the major daily source of calls to 911, kept losing customer keys during the trade-in evaluation.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
233 Posts
This is their loss and your gain....very rare in the auto sector. Lucky day for you! Or, they are making the whole thing up? In any case, don't go back. You have a binding contract. Congrats!!

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
294 Posts
There's a lot of fine print (usually taking up the whole backside of the contract that may cover this situation, and it is all in favor of the dealer).

Courts (and arbitrators) usually find that errors must be corrected. Math errors, that sort of thing.

Car dealers are good at their business and may have a hard time claiming they made an error this big. Or then again, such a big error by experts may make the case for an obvious error.

·
Registered
2018 Cadenza
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update...I think my Kia Dealership saw the error of their ways and have stopped trying to contact me. The bottom line is that they sold me the car for invoice price, but did not include almost $5000 in options. They sent their finance manager home before we arrived, knowing that we were coming in to purchase the car. Our salesman doubled as the FM. His error, my gain. In the meantime, I'm enjoying my new Cadenza!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts