Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My partner purchased her Venga in March from KIA Rochdale (premier motors) and it has been back four times to get the fuel gauge sorted out as it continually ceases to work, making day to day commuting quite difficult.. The dealer said they'd replaced the unit with a new one on the second visit and that there's nothing more they can do as it's apparently an unrectifiable fault and they are awaiting a recall status from KIA to modify the unit.. This dosent sound right to me as surely the fault would be apparent in all vehicles as soon as they rolled off the production line.. Is there a simple way I can check to see if the sender s a new replacement? Also have any other Venga owners suffered this issue? Thanks all

·
Registered
61 Posts
My partner purchased her Venga in March from KIA Rochdale (premier motors) and it has been back four times to get the fuel gauge sorted out as it continually ceases to work, making day to day commuting quite difficult.. The dealer said they'd replaced the unit with a new one on the second visit and that there's nothing more they can do as it's apparently an unrectifiable fault and they are awaiting a recall status from KIA to modify the unit.. This dosent sound right to me as surely the fault would be apparent in all vehicles as soon as they rolled off the production line.. Is there a simple way I can check to see if the sender s a new replacement? Also have any other Venga owners suffered this issue? Thanks all

Depending on where you live there may be "lemon laws" in place that allow you to escalate the problem into the court system if the dealer cannot resolve the issue after multiple attempts. Do a bit of online research and contact the Kia corporate site if the dealer is at an impasse. Has anyone tested the gauge? Perhaps the fault is not in the sending unit but either the receiver or its transmission lines. An intermittent, flaky ground wire could be causing the problem too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts