Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
786 Posts
Some nice improvements to the exterior styling without going overboard. Looking forward to more details on power train options etc. 2.5 turbo and non turbo configurations likely.

·
Registered
Sorento EX, 2013, Niro PHEV SX, 2019
41 Posts
Some nice improvements to the exterior styling without going overboard. Looking forward to more details on power train options etc. 2.5 turbo and non turbo configurations likely.
The 2021 Sorento will be offered with a naturally aspirated 2.5-liter gasoline engine linked to a manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic sending power to the rear wheels. A turbocharged 1.6-liter gasoline mill is listed with a six-speed auto in both 2WD and 4WD forms, while a 2.2-liter diesel from the new “R” family has a 2.2-liter displacement and comes with an eight-speed, dual-clutch auto linked to either a 2WD or 4WD system.
The electrified Sorento is listed as “MQ4_HEV” (likely from hybrid electric vehicle) and comes with the aforementioned 1.6-liter turbo in both two- and four-wheel-drive flavors with a six-speed automatic transmission. Bear in mind this data is likely applicable for the domestic version of the Sorento as engine availability will greatly depend on the market.

I've seen a couple of posts to say there will be a V6 but whether it will be like the one in the Telluride we don't know. The post I saw had all teh engine choices and that looked far too many for just 1 market.
I understand the PHEV will be similar as with the Niro.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,778 Posts

Will be looking for the Hybrid....

·
Registered
Sorento EX, 2013, Niro PHEV SX, 2019
41 Posts

Will be looking for the Hybrid....
Indeed, Power figures seem to indicate that it will be close to the 3.5 V6, i'm guessing though it will have more torque.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
6 Posts
I wonder if it will have a mandatory 3rd row, or an optional one. Now that the bigger Telluride is here, maybe a 2-row version of the Sorento can compete with other larger 2-rows like Edge/Blazer/Murano/Passport/Santa Fe, etc.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
786 Posts
I wonder if it will have a mandatory 3rd row, or an optional one. Now that the bigger Telluride is here, maybe a 2-row version of the Sorento can compete with other larger 2-rows like Edge/Blazer/Murano/Passport/Santa Fe, etc.
2 row seating and V6 power were priorities for me when I made the switch to the Nautilus. They were also priorities at the time of the purchase of my 2016 Sorento. I thought I could live with the 2.0 Turbo and for the most part it was a very good vehicle but I missed that V6 smoothness and power that continues up into the higher rpm range.
KIA should make the 2 row version available again with a V6 option like they did prior to 2016. The 2021 looks very nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts