Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019, Kia Stinger GT Limited Anniversary Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just purchased a 2019 Kia Stinger GT Anniversary, and was interested in buying an extended warranty to cover beyond the initial 5 years. Sucks that in the USA it's 10.

Regardless, I believe it would be a Kia Protect Mechnical package.

Has anyone any experience with them, and what the cost should be. She got a quote fo $4300+ tax for an addiotnal 5 years.

Based upon my experience with GMPP in the past this seems excessive.

Any insight or ideas on what deals can be had are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 Seltos SX Turbo
6 Posts
I’m curious as well. I was quoted 3500 for a Seltos. Paid $2300 for my wife’s beetle and 4300 for my last Audi. All are 10 year, low km, platinum coverage sold by the dealer and all 3 administered by the same company! There was negation with the VW and Audi dealers but Kia wouldn’t budge.
Not too concerned as this is our first Kia and time will tell if I want to keep it long term but I was surprised at the cost especially compared to European brands which are supposed to have higher cost and frequency of repair.
I didn’t try another dealer but if the time comes I would shop around.

·
Registered
2019, Kia Stinger GT Limited Anniversary Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I find the $4300 very high for a Kia, my Cadillac CTS-V warranty was a lot cheaper than that.

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
446 Posts
Dealers mark up warranties by a minimum of $1,500...................you can negotiate as well.

That is excessive, and -based on my experience with using KIA's as high mileage work cars, I would not buy an extended warranty on one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts